“If you have a choice, DON'T go with this cruise ship!”
Cruise review of Costa Classica

bet007 Costa neoClassica 1 If you have a choice, DON'T go with this cruise ship!
bet007
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating
I read the reviews in cruisecritic.com before going on this cruise. Had no choice of cancelling because it's my dad's 60th high school reunion and they decided to go with this cruise. I already told my parents not to expect too much because of the low review ratings. But the experience was worse than what I had expected.

The embarkation was a chaos. Everyone crowded into a tent. People tried to cut in lines. We were fortunate that after about 1/2 hour wait, they decided to open a line just for our group. Other people waited for 1 1/2 hours to check in. Upon check in, we have to surrender our passports. The condition of the ship is as other review stated... it's old and lack of maintenance. My bathroom door does not lock. Water splashes out when I take a bath. The insulation between cabins are no-existance. I can listen to the conversations next door. My parents neighbor called and complaint that my dad snored too loud. There are funny clicking noise, no idea where it came from. The 'Today' (cruise programs) is full of errors (wrong time, wrong place). Not much entertainment to talk about. Shows were sub-standard. Customer Service staff were rude and impatient.

Food is OK though selection in buffet is limited. The only good thing worth mention is the cabin steward was friendly and accomodating. The waiters in the formal dining were helpful and friendly but understaffed. The worst experience was disembarkation... remember we have to turn in our passport when we first checked-in? They said there'll be announcements at 1pm as to where we can get our passports. 1pm came and no announcements. We have to leave the cabin by 8:30am so everyone was in the public area. The Customer Service staff were walking around but don't have any information. I talked to the Cruise Director and she has no information either. When I started complaining about how un-organized the whole situation, she was extremely rude and just walked away.At 2:30pm they finally announced to pick up the passport in the conference room, all 1,300 passengers rushed to the conference room. I was worried that someone might get crushed in the process. I would NEVER go to this cruise again.

Costa neoClassica Cruises to Asia
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

55022
Large room. poor insulation. funny noise. old decoration and bathroom. lock in bathroom not working.
Published 02/16/10
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa neoClassica Review
Costa neoClassica Cruises to Asia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?