Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mapjjp

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Frozen!!!
First of all was very excited to go out of Baltimore being that it is only 3 hours away. No plane! It was very cold when we arrive Jan. 31st 2010. Arriving was easy direction could not have been more easier. Pulled in dropped off bags and then parked quick and easy we arrived about 2 pm. Got right inside waited in line for only a short time. Checked in and had a seat we only sat for about 30 min. before we where able to get on to the ship. Once inside we checked it out and went right up to our room to see if we could get in and Yes we could. We put our carry on bags inside and went looking around. Once the ship started moving we went out side to get some pictures and I wanted to get some of the Bay bride. It was so cold I had to wait inside till we got very close to take picture going under the bridge. After that we took our coats back to the room, Our room attended was in our room putting ice in our room. I took the advise of a few of you on extra tipping. Our room attended was so great they work in a team of two so I ended up tipping the other one also, but it was worth it they treated us with so much extra's.

Now it was time to go and dine we had 6pm seating. At first I was not to keen on the table it was at the back of the restruant but, it ended up being ok we could enter earily without waiting in line we had a back door. Our waiter Alex and Glenn where so wonderful Alex even did some majic for us. He was so funny and nice. The food was wonderful every night. (One night we did eat at Davids a little extra cost but, well worth it!) Breakfast and lunch were much better upstairs at the Mermaid. The food all over was wonderful all the time.

Decks were open and closed through out the cruise due to the wind! I guess it happens all the time with the Baltimore Cruise. But Jamie the cruise director did a great job in finding lots inside for us to do.

Once we arrived at Fl. it was a little warmer but, this winter was cold all over who ever heard of South Carolina getting snow! It was about 70 in Fl. so from there to the Bahamas cruising the decks was nice the parties began outside and the fun begin. Bahamas was wonder Atlantis was great and the beaches where great. The water temp was a little to cold but,that was ok the sun was out it was about 80. Third port was Free port to windy to doc. They say this happens all the time so why stop add a different port. It was a very warm that day and we started home. We laid on the deck for hours just taking the sun in. By 4pm it was getting very rocky they decided at 7pm to close all the outside decks due to the waves and wind. But, they put extra shows on and had extra bingo's and some inside bands playing so it was all good. Staff well they where also wonderful.

Like I said in the beginning I won't travel out of Baltimore before April again. I will travel Carnival again it was nice. And I really think they should rethink the ports get rid of C.C. in Fl. Go to Key west instead. Get ride of Free Port Find somewhere else in Bahamas.

Arriving home well there was 36 inches of snow in Baltimore when we arrived back. People where very upset because planes where canceled and hotels where all book up. But I drove so it was no big deal for me. They did have alot of snow to move so people could get to there cars and leave they did a great job on that.

Over all it was a great cruise. Oh I almost forgot I tried to find out how an obstructed room would look before we left don't worry most of the obstructed rooms are still very viewable they have very few rooms where the obstruction is a little more but, 5178 was great.

Publication Date: 02/16/10
Read the Bahamas ports review by mapjjp
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews