Carnival Legend Cruise Review by sctravelers: Fun Times!

sctravelers
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Fun Times!

Sail Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

This was my second cruise but first with Carnival. I went with my boyfriend and this was his first cruise ever. We had a great time! We arrived in Tampa on Saturday the day before we left on Sunday. I called a few hotels to find the best deal on a room to park for a week for free for less then $100 which would have been the price to park at the port for 7 days. We stayed at SpringHill Suites Tampa West shore it is a Marriott hotel and was very nice.. I got the room at $80 and that includes free parking for the week and a breakfast. They had a shuttle to the port for $5 a person so that was still a deal!

Sunday the check-in process was very smooth and we actually got on the ship before 12:30. We were nervous because we decided to no get passports and just use our birth certificate but it was fine got on with no problems!

Over all this was a wonderful cruise. Food was bland but I guess you have to do that when you feel 4000 people. Staff was super friendly, helpful More and professional. Great time! Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Interior Main 4233

We decided to go cave tubing and rode ATVs. This was super fun. We went though cave-tubing.com. They were wonderful!! We rode ATVs for about 45 min through the jungle and it was muddy and rocky and super fun! They they took us to the caves and we walked about 30 min to the top then floated through the caves with our tour guide and they made the experience super fun! Then we were able to eat and drink some wonderful Bedizen food and beer! YUMMY! Great day, great company, and great weather! The worst part of this port was that we had to be tendered and it took FOREVER to get off the ship.. blah!

We went to the Mayan Ruins. We decided to go through the cruise ship for this excursion because we were both very unfamiliar with Cozumel. This was very interesting we both enjoyed it but dont think we will do it again. It took over 1 1/2 hours to get there each way so the travel was bummer. Great day and beautiful weather.

Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews

This was probably our most favorite port. The down fall of this port was that we had to be tendered to the island but what can you do. We decided to see the stingrays so we went through stingraysailing.com. They were wonderful. Took about 25 of us out on a sail boat to see, hold, and feed the stingrays. This was amazing! They took time to show us about the stingrays how to hold them, how to feed them, and the history of why they 'hangout' there. They they took us to a reef and we snorkeled which is always fun! Great day! I even had a camera glitch and lost all my pictures from the day and contacted the company and they are going to help me get some pictures taken by their photographer that day! Great company, great people, and great experience. Highly recommended!

We decided to just lay on the beach this day. We took a taxi to west shore beach which we where told was the prettiest beach on the island and it was every bit of that. We only had about 4-5 hours at this port so relaxing and getting a tan was perfect. Great weather!! PS Taxis are pretty expensive so make sure you take enough cash to get around.

Read 1660 Roatan Reviews