Coral Princess Cruise Review by BAI@bay

Cruise Date: January 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: AA
Cabin Number: E306
See More About: Coral Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Coral Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Coral Princess Deck Plans
Average
My hairdressing experience was less than stellar. I looked no better than when I left the Lotus Spa. The women who fixed my nails was argumentative and contrary. She was also very rude to my husband when he asked how long it would take to fix my finger nails. This woman barked at my husband and he left and since he was good enough to pay for this services, I found this woman to be rude and somewhat mean spirited. Her people skills are sorely lacking. I will now be obligated to buy hairpieces for formal nights. $50.00 is no unreasonable for hair care, but when I looked at both hairdo's, it looked like someone put an eggbeater to my head and scrambled bobby pins. It was so sad, and I couldn't enjoy the formal nights. In the past the hairdressers were excellent and paying the price was worth it.

Also, the Champagne fountain was ridiculous. It was not well planned, and happened on the first of 3 formal nights. Too chaotic and not well organized. I missed out on a memory of pictures. Speaking of which, the prices were all over the map. Too many rules and no sense of how things worked. I will have my own pictures, and minimize ordering from the ship. Not all of us are made of money. Also, the entertainment was fair. A couple of comedians made unkind and unfounded comments about people jumping overboard. How TACKY is that? I have traveled with Princess 7 times now, and my experience was a bit disappointing with the Cruise Directors, who would not listen to my concerns and I was constantly being blown off with frivilous excuses. Too many comedians, limed folkloro dancers, and certainly not well planned. Half the passengers were on a land tour when this happened.

The food was great except in the Bayou Cafe, where my husband experienced a tough New York Strip steak, and had more fat on it than meat. And at $15.00 a pop on top of everything else, this was very unacceptable.

One day we took a Samba lesson from someone who was channelling Len Goodman from Dancing with the Stars, and pointed out that my husband was not getting the steps-my husband was humiliated in front of a lot of people. Shame on this instructor, no more dance lessons for us. My husband gave up a lecture for my sake and has one less good memory. Our Room Steward was great and our wait staff was excellent,and should be commended for the attentiveness and great service.

Overall review, barely FAIR.

Publication Date: 02/14/10