“Freedom for all”

Member Since 2008
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We booked our cruise a week before we were to travel so due to all the snow PA had been having I booked the insurance. We flew out a day early and stayed at The Ft Lauderdale knights Inn cruiseport. It was a good hotel not 5 star but I had a good night sleep, they take you from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruiseport for FREE.

Sun 1/24 Beautiful day... no problem getting on the ship, was in our room with luggage by 1:30pm seriously. Checked out the ship had a light meal. just loving it. OHHHH.. I forgot on deck 12 and 14 there is a adult only deck it is so great. Dinner was great our waiter sean was great, Johnson was our room steward he was great also.

Mon 1/25 Key West....Loved it went to the southernmost point, end of Route 1 and Hemingway house well worth the $11. It is an easy walk and then you don't miss any little shop that has cool stuff.

Tues. 1/26 Day at sea... entered a mixologist contest I came in 3rd John my fiancee came in 2nd. Elegant dinner it was cold and windy so we did alot in side that day, ohhh forgot the art auction I won a piece of art and drank champagne.

Wed 1/27 Grand cayman $35 to swim with stingray (got tour off ship)can't think of the tours name it was a guys name. will also went to Hell. You should do it once. it cost $2.50 per person for the bus/cab ride to hell one way. WHERE SUNSCREEN no matter how overcast. STEAKHOUSE dinner night $30 per person...John's meal was totally worth it he had a porterhouse the surf and turf was not sorry the Chic room was so much better.

Thurs 1/28 Ocho Rios BEST DAY EVER go to dunn's falls and bobsled buy your tour through carnival it is the best way to travel. $79 per person. Tip: Don't take the beads, don't tell any vendors your name and just say no thank you.

Fri 1/29 Day at sea Great day... chocolate buffet, waterslide, adult hammock, adult spa, great food, casino, Dinner, comedy show.

Sat 1/30 easiest disembarkment yet.....

If you have any questions that I did not mention

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1001
huge bathroom, huge room, soft bed, quiet hallway and but noise from outside deck
Published 02/13/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?