Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Eurodam Cruise Review by jkm151: The best

Eurodam 5
jkm151
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The best

Sail Date: January 2010

I am 57 and my partner is 49. We decided to take the Eurodam as my first Holland America cruise and his first cruise ever. We could not have been more satisified with this event, as it was the best cruise I have ever been on.

We live in Tampa,Florida, so we decided to take a bus to Ft. Lauderdale. That was a big mistake,as the bus was very uncomfortable and it took over 6 hours to get there. We left at 6:00 A.M., and didn't get to the Eurodam until 1:00 P.M. Once at the terminal, embarkation only took about 10 minutes, and we were on the ship and in our beautiful Superior Verandah Suite. This stateroom was midship on the port side right next to the glass elevators,a perfect loacation for me,as I have trouble walking.

The Eurodam is a lovely ship with beautiful rooms and a great layout. Every thing was immaculate, and the crew was always cleaning and polishing things. The staff was the most helpful and friendly bucnh of people that i have ever met. Our staterooms More stewards always kept our room looking great,and were very attentive to our needs. They also make great looking towels animals in the evening. We always rececived a "Good Morning Sir and have a great day" from every staff or crew member we saw.

The food was excellent and perhaps the best I have experienced. Everything was hot and fresh and lovely presented. We always had dinner in the Rembrant dining room first seating at 5:45. We had breakfast most mornings in the Lido, and a couple of room service breakfasts in our cabin. That was great!. Lunch usually in the Lido also. Great selections of foods all the time,and very friendly service and cleaning of your table.

The weather was perfect in every way. Calm seas and temps most days in the low to mid 80's. We mostly enjoyed the ship and did not go on any shore excursions. Grand Turk was beautiful, and Half Moon Cay was my favorite. The most beautiful beach,and color of water I have ever seen. San Juan,P.R. and St. Thomas U.S.V.I. were very nice too.

Entertainment on the ship was very nice. The magician was great and the singers and dancers excellent as well. Went to the casino a few times but was not lucky,but enjoyed in non the less.

In summary we had a great time and would definitely take another cruise with Holland America again. We ended up driving back to tampa,as we did not want to be on that bus again. Rented a car and was home in 4 hours. Hope you all enjoy this review and happy cruising to you all. Less

Published 02/07/10