Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by peaceoutcruiseee

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by peaceoutcruiseee
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: peaceoutcruiseee
Cruise Date: December 2009
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
        13-15 3.0

Family Holiday Cruise
I went on a Celebrity Solstice Holiday cruise with 3 other families. There were 11 of us total. My room was on Deck 10, right next to Library, which was so nice, because it was always quiet, and it was a great landmark for finding my room. We were in a suite, on the corner, so we had a huge balcony. We also had a butler, which I really liked.

FOOD = I loved the breakfast buffet in the Oceanview Cafe! The waffles were amazing, and the croissants were very good also. However, the lunch in the Oceanview Cafe was not for me. The choices were great, but the quality, not so much. In the Grand Empernay Dining Room there was not one night where I truly enjoyed my meal. While the breadsticks were good, the steak was dry, and it got to the point where I finally ordered off the kids menu. I went to Silk Harvest -- twice. IT WAS DELICIOUS. If you like chinese food, or sushi, go to Silk Harvest!! It is tiny, so make your reservation as soon as possible. The service was great, and the food was amazing. Also, I tried Room Service, which was good, but it took a long time (over an hour) for the food to arrive, even though we ordered through our butler. Also, the gelato shop is amazing! I loved getting a cone of gelato, walking outside, and eating it on the deck watching the waves.

ENTERTAINMENT = I saw Ghostlight, their broadway style show. It was the typical cheesy cruise ship show. However, I also saw Solstice, their circus type show. It was amazing! The talent was great, and it was surprising to see that on a cruise ship. The only regret I have is not seeing the Hot Glass Show.

EMBARKATION/DEBARKATION = We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise left. We got to the ship around 1:30pm on the day of embarkation. We were on board the ship by 2:30, and got a complimentary dinner at Silk Harvest, one of the delicious specialty restaurants. (because we were traveling with 11 people; grandparents, our family, and cousins) Embarkation was quick and simple. Our room was ready, so we set our stuff down, got our luggage promptly, and then went for lunch. Debarkation was also simple, no lines, no wait.

ACTIVITIES = I love trivia and bingo. Both were really fun on the Solstice. I enjoyed the activities staff! Lisa, was delightful! The day we were set to arrive in Haiti, we were running 1 hour late, and Lisa set up a trivia game very quickly, and kept on going until everyone was ready to exit the ship.

PORTS = San Juan, Puerto Rico, Tortola, BVI, St.Maarten (we were supposed to do the See and Sea tour, but the water was really choppy, even the cruise ship was rocking by the pier, so it was cancelled) and Haiti. Haiti was pretty, but because we were late, they did lunch on the ship.

HOLIDAY = We were on the cruise during Christmas, and they did a great job!

Overall, I would highly recommend the Celebrity Solstice!

Publication Date: 02/06/10