Carnival Dream 5

Maryland Drinking Crew
Member Since 2008
94 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We when arrived on the Dream we noticed that there were problems right away. There wasn't anywhere to sit inside while we waited for our rooms to be ready. It was cold and rainy out so everyone was trying to stay inside and that is why there wasn't enough seating. The room we stayed in was right off the elevators in the middle of the ship and there was a sewage smell all week. We could hear the toilets flushing from all around us, neighbors TVs and several times it sounded like they were running a snake through the lines. So sleeping was almost impossible. I went to the front desk and told the person working there and she kind off blew me off and said "Well if it becomes bothersome please come back and tell us" well if it wasn't bothering me, I wouldn't have said anything to begin with.

The ship itself was great, everyone that worked on the ship was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the Comedy Club, Casino and the food as always was good. It seamed like there was always More something going on. Dream is a beautiful ship and I would try it again if I were in a different room.

Carnival is still my favorite and I will continue to cruise with them! Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4D6358
The room we stayed in, 6358 was right off the elevators in the middle of the ship and there was a sewage smell all week. We could hear the toilets flushing from all around us, neighbors TVs and several times it sounded like they were running a snake through the lines. So sleeping was almost impossible.

Great shopping and great drinks at Wet Lizard

Had a great time, the weather wasn't great so we went downtown and visited some of the bars and just had a great day.

Read 4531 Cozumel Reviews

If the weather was better I think this would have been my favorite. We took a taxi to a beach and paid $30 for a chair and a waiter serving us unlimited free alcohol. The water was warm and clean clear blue. In the port there very nice shops and a pool that you could swim up to the bar.

It was nice, still not great weather. We went into the shops and they were very much over priced. We walked to the beach and it was beautiful. We took the chair lift back and it was an awesome view.

Read 2190 Roatan Reviews

Published 02/05/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?