Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by LucyR.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by LucyR.
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: LucyR.
Cruise Date: January 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Soltice is not for us SINGLES or SOLO cruisers!
My roomie and I cruised on Jan. 10, 2010. 5 stars for embarkation.

4 stars for the beautiful ship.

0 stars for the ugly view of the glass elevators and the Atrium tiny area.

3 stars for food. Other cruiselines have better food than the Soltice.

5 stars for dinner service from my waiter and assist.

0 stars for us singles. They never had a Singles Meet and Mingle for us singles like Carnival cruise ship does.

0 stars for no religious services.

3 stars for the ship stores for shopping. They didn't have much to buy. I only bought a lanyard that I needed for my cabin card. I love to shop on cruise ships.

0 stars for not giving us Trivia players any gifts for winning.

0 stars for having lousy late night snacks at the buffet which was card-board pizza and other heavy foods. I like to eat jello but it was always suger free. I don't eat foods with fake sugars.

5 stars for married couple activities. The married couples had fun.

5 stars for a peaceful cruise. It was nice and quiet inside the ship. Out on deck was too windy at night.

0 stars for the value of the price I paid. Very lonely for us singles. Plus, the food wasn't extra special as I expected because I have cruised on Celebrity three times.

3 stars for breakfast and lunch service in the dinning room. It was terrible because the waiters are not trained to serve us the right way.

I have cruised 47 times on 7 cruiselines since l973. I always have a good time on all cruise ships. It is just that the Soltice is over priced for what we get. They have gotten cheap on their food quality. It has nothing to do with it being a large ship. I have cruised on the new Carnival Splendor and I like their food a lot better than the Soltice. SORRY....

0 Stars for the Everglades tour since it was raining and the boat had lots of leaks on the roof. I got soaking wet. I should have stayed on the tour bus. We only saw one alligator.... not worth the suffering and money I paid. The tour bus driver took out our luggage in the rain and we had to wait on the bus until all the luggage was out of the bus. I noticed some of my things inside my luggage was damp from the rain.

Final words..... I said to my roomie during our cruise...."Lets wait until we get home to talk about our cruise since we were having a lousy time. I didn't want to make it worse for us by being all negative on the cruise ship.

The people who live in Florida get the best last minute deals so I don't think they will complain because they pay a lower last minute rate.

The worse part of me which is really petty to some people reading this.... but I totally disliked the dinning room chairs because they didn't have a way to hang my beautiful silk hand-bag on the side of my chair. I had to put it on the floor. I didn't like that. My roomie told me I needed to buy me a device where you can hang your hand-bag at a table. I need to buy that.

Yes, I admit I am being petty but I was truly disappointed that Celebrity has gone down-hill overall. Sorry Celebrity. You need to improve. Luci

Publication Date: 02/03/10
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by LucyR.
More Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews