Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Sparky_MN

Member Name: Sparky_MN
Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Vision of a Great Time!
I think these reviews are generally a better reflection of the attitude of the cruiser, or the company they're with, than anything else. So in the interest of full and fair disclosure I have a fun-loving, do what I want attitude, and I'm only 28 so I don't complain all that much. Not to mention I was traveling with one of my best friends and we also met some really great people on this ship that helped make this one of the best travel experiences of my life. This was not my first cruise, but was my first time on RC and I was very impressed. Our steward was friendly and did a fine job keeping the cabin clean. Our waitstaff (Rodrigo and Charlene) were absolutely the best and did everything to make our dining experience great. The bar staff was great, too. The first day I ordered a Hendrick's & Tonic at the Champagne Bar from Alfredo, the barkeep. I asked for a cucumber garnish, but they didn't have any cucumbers. However, the next day and every day thereafter Alfredo made sure to have a fresh supply of cucumbers for my pre-dinner cocktail. Jeandra was another great bartender, and was always made you feel welcome and appreciated. She could be found at the pool bar during the day or the Viking Crown late at night. It's amazing how by simply remembering your name and your drink they can make you feel so special. Perhaps it was all the time I spent in the bars that made the trip so great?

Was everything perfect? No. Dinner was disorganized the first night; the Cruise Director's awful jokes predictably fell flat; the band seemed to only know three songs; the juggler kept dropping things. But the staff was friendly and attentive, and I had the time of my life! I have already booked another cruise with them and am excited to embark next week.

Publication Date: 02/02/10
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by Sparky_MN
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews