Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by pharrell29

Embarkation: Galveston
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

virgin cruisers
Being that this was our first cruise, I thought that it was cute that they named us virgins as it was our first cruise. My then Boyfriend, now husband and I went on carnival along with other friends. My first impression arriving to the port was how much fun we were going to have. Some people in our group were getting married so we were able to board first. We went up to deck nine, which is the lido and had lunch. The food was great. We were now off to the wedding. The wedding and reception was good, by that time, our rooms were ready and off were we into the sunset.

We booked the inside cabin because it was our first cruise and we just wanted to enjoy the ship. Plus it was cheaper. The room was really nice and comfortable. We met out room attendant who was very attentive throughout the cruise. His name was keith, which is the same name as my husband. Our room was always cleaning and the turndown service was great with the animal towels. We love the fact that we could plan the next day through our capers.

The food was good. We had my time dining and we also ate on the lido deck where the grill and buffet are located. We mainly ate breakfast through the buffet because my husband loves the omelets. The food in the buffet was predictable as the same thing was served every other day. The dinner was ok as well, there was not a lot of variety. We did not eat any of the special restaurants. After hours there was only room service which the menu was limited and the pizza bar.

During the day there was always something going on and we just tour the ship to see the interesting things. One thing that I want to adv it that, it was never made known that there was going to be gay men on the cruise. Not that I have a problem, it was just uncomfortable because it was over 300 of them. We felt like the ship catered more to them as to the rest of the guess, I recommend that if carnival is booking that much gay people, to let them have the ship. A lot of guest was not happy with that.

Towards the end of the cruise things started to wind down, you could tell that it was coming to an end. There was not a lot to do after that. There was a closing show in the last night. Overall it was a nice cruise and really enjoy it til Saturday, it was a rocky day at sea, and someone had to be air lifted off the ship. I do recommend this ship as a cruise if you have not be on one as a starter cruise.

Publication Date: 02/02/10