Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by evandbob

Carnival Miracle
Member Name: evandbob
Cruise Date: January 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Geriatric Cruise
My 13th Carnival Cruise, this was to Panama City, Limon and Belize, and I had great expectations. We're a couple in our 50's and we found that we were some of the youngest passengers on this cruise! There were lots of walkers, canes and oxygen tanks - 85 % of the passengers were over 70! 98% of the passengers were white. This was the most homogenous group that I ever saw on Carnival, I was surprised medics weren't on all decks handling diabetic comas, heart attacks and strokes. Our snorkeling excursion in Belize was cancelled due to a lack of participants. Attendance at the late shows was dismal, the casino cleared out by 11PM, as well as the piano bar and other music venues. Camp Carnival was cancelled due to no youngsters being on board, well that was actually a good thing. The only late night attraction getting play was the midnight buffet, I guess all the early seating diners were getting in a second helping by then. Otherwise the decks were like a ghost town after dark. I've been on this itinerary before, and I still enjoyed the Canal tour, seeing sloths on a river cruise in Costa Rica and cave tubing in Belize, but I was hoping to meet the usual party hearty Carnival crowd and they were nowhere to be found on this cruise. Hopefully my next Carnival cruise in April will have all the usual suspects and not the geriatric post retirement crowd......

Publication Date: 02/02/10