Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Sherrjay: A glorious cruise on the Glory!

Sherrjay
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A glorious cruise on the Glory!

Sail Date: January 2010

This was the first time we cruised out of Miami - all of our cruises have been out of New Orleans. The Miami port was huge compared to New Orleans - but still very manageable. We had no problems with checking in although friends of ours were delayed because they were routed to see the nurse- anyone reporting an illness, cough or fever had to be checked out by a nurse before coming on board. Luckily our friend just a nagging cough and no fever, so was cleared to get on the boat.

I thought Glory was a beautiful boat - I was a little worried because it is a little older, and I hate to see a shabby ship, but it was nicely kept and for the crazy decor that Carnival is known for - it was really pretty. Everyone that we encountered of the staff was very nice. My husband had to leave his diabetic medication at the purser's desk for refrigeration and they were great every time he needed something.

Our cabin had a balcony - a small balcony but big enough for 2 chairs and a More small table. The cabin was nice - bathrobes were provided, but our room was a little warm for the most of the trip and the robes were just too thick to want to wear. The room wasn't unbearably hot -but I would have loved to have had a fan. Our friends travel with a small fan and I was so jealous of them!

The food was really good - we ate in the Platinum dining room and it was good every single night. The Lido buffets were okay - not great but okay when you were in a hurry or didn't want to go to the dining room. But overall the food was so much better than our last cruise which was on Norwegian. We also ate in the Emerald Steakhouse one night - fantastic! If you are a cheesecake lover, be sure to order the cheesecake for your dessert - you will be blown away! The only bad mark I would give would be for room service. We ordered two sandwiches one night and they got both of them completely wrong.

The entertainment had its ups and downs. The Glory dancers and singers were pretty good - but I didn't think either of the featured singers - the male or female - was great. They had the usual assortment of jugglers, comedians, magic acts - but really most of them were very entertaining. We went to comedy club several nights and they were really funny.

I did think the cruise director Ryan was one of the best I have ever seen. Funny and very warm - two great characteristics for a cruise director! The ports were all fabulous! I would hate to pick out a favorite, but if pressed I think it would be St Thomas. Such a beautiful island! But that powdered sugar beach at Half Moon Cay was awesome, too!

Debarkation was easy and smooth. Flying home was fine but then we got home and it snowed seven inches. Oh for those beautiful beaches and tropical breezes! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>