Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by monkeyhead: Interesting comments about Carnival Paradise

monkeyhead
Member Since 2010

Interesting comments about Carnival Paradise

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I've been reading these reviews, and I'm surprised to find that so many are negative. I totally disagree! I loved our stay on the Carnival Paradise!

Our embarkation went very quickly and smoothly. It's worth it to fill out the FunPass information in advance. Our cabin was very clean (we had one with a window. It got a little crowded when the pull-down bed was in use, but otherwise it was spacious. Since we got on the ship only an hour before sailing due to flight delays, the first thing we did was have dinner. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient -- she forgot my coffee, but I forget things, too. A lot of people have complained about the food --I thought it was very good, at least in the dining room. The chocolate melting cake is to die for. My daughter and I shared one, and we were fighting each other for the premium bites.

I thought the ship was very classy, even though it's a little older than most of the fleet. One of my favorite things were the little More window benches -- what a great place to sit and read. The coffee shop was wonderful -- what a nice place to meet in the morning. My absolute favorite place was the Serenity deck. The lounge chairs were so comfortable, and since the weather was a little chilly, there weren't a lot of people out there. I love the ocean so much that I sat out there in long pants and a jacket. The atrium of the ship is really beautiful.

We only needed guest services once, but they were very friendly and accommodating. We had a little plumbing issue in our cabin, so I called them, and they immediately sent maintenance for repair, followed by housekeeping to sanitize. The room stewards were great and always friendly when you'd pass by them in the halls. They work their tails off! I found all of the staff on the Paradise extremely friendly and eager to assist. Yes, they can get pushy with the alcohol, but I think they're just trying to give good service and make sure they don't miss anyone. As far as "rudeness", I don't think any of the staff would intentionally treat a guest badly -- there are a lot of reasons you may not get the response you're expecting to get.

I did notice a strong sewage smell at times, especially when the ship was in port. Not sure what that's about -- but maybe it can't be helped.

The entertainment was excellent -- we only went to the singing/dancing shows. I absolutely loved the female singer -- she had a beautiful and very BIG voice! What a wonderful performer. Also, she was very kind and gracious to guests who asked her for pictures or an autograph after the show. Carnival entertainment supervisors/directors -- do you read these reviews? If so, that young woman should open the new ship coming out in 2011(Magic?).

I had such a great time on the Paradise that I didn't want to disembark. Too bad debarkation went so quickly, because I wanted to stand in line longer -- JK. Less

Published 02/01/10

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review:

I thought Catalina was a very cute town and would have liked a little more time there for shopping, although we were there on Christmas Day and many of the shops were closed.

On Ensenada we took the Jeep tour. What a wild ride! Our tour guides were amazing and somehow kept us all out of trouble. I never knew my daughter could drive like that.

Read 264 Ensenada Reviews