Celebrity Century Cruise Review by melvinwiggles

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by melvinwiggles
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: melvinwiggles
Cruise Date: January 2010
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
        Under 3 5.0

Century is still a great ship
I just returned from a 5 night cruise on Century that embarked January 23 from Miami. This was my fourth cruise and the first cruise along with my wife since our now 2 year old daughter was born. Celebrity has the boarding and embarkation process down to a science. I have waited for hours to board a ship with other cruise lines; from leaving a taxi and handing off the luggage we were on board the Century with a two year old in 15 minutes.

This ship is older but I have a sweet spot for it. This was my second cruise on the Century and my wife's third. The Century is kept up very well and the size gives it a warmer feel than the huge Royal Caribbean ships I have been on. This ship is immaculate, staterooms are still beautiful and clean, and everything is in perfect working order.

The crew of the Century is amazing. There is never a time where I felt I was imposing on anyone or asking for anything that was any trouble. They go out of their way to make you feel good and accomodate any request. Every crew member we passed smiled and had a kind word for our child. Our stateroom attendant did not miss any detail and our dining room waiter was fantastic. I really can't say enough nice things and can't begin to imagine how hard everyone must work to keep the show going.

The only negatives I can conjure are just really observations. Restaurant staff seem to be working much harder, and I can only imagine it is due to staff cutbacks. My wife and I also remember sailing on this ship and there was always a live band out at the pool playing Caribbean music and a staff member to bring you a drink no matter where you were poolside. The music left a little something to be desired this time around and if you wanted a drink you were going to be taking a trip to the bar because no staff is walking around taking drink orders anymore.

Great ship, check it out. Tip your waiter, your bartenders and your stateroom attendant a little something extra in cash if you can. These guys and girls are busting their ass and don't get to spend their days at port or see their families very often.

Publication Date: 02/01/10