Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by colesr

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: colesr
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Cabin Category: D2

RCCL On the downslide
RCCL needs a plan B when something goes wrong. After cruising 14 times, 4 w/RC, I have to say I the experience at Cape Liberty was enough to make me not want to cruise from that port again. I am sure you will see many reviews about the port. Simply said not one person knew what to do or handle people.I really do not know why NY city let RC go to NJ.

The ship just out of dry dock for 10 days, was late getting to the port.I really did not see any fantastic improvements from being out of service besides painting.I really can not understand how they have not installed Flat Panel TVs in the cabins.They are the same TVs since the year this ship came out,2000.The cabin is showing wear. Ripped sheets,bathroom vanity in need of repair,no drain in sink for 3 days,garbage in trash can when we arrived,you get the picture.

RCCL has some management issues.The crew and staff very friendly.and helpful.The food was good not great.I really think they were raising pigs in the hull. There was always pork somewhere.Not that there's anything wrong with that.Wait staff close to being the best I have had. Bartender Melvin Was THE BEST I have had on 14 cruises.My wife and I agree that Royal is not our 1ST choice any more.After not cruising with RC since 2005 we were really disappointed.It is a shame that they are satisfied with just giving you average everything,that's not the way it used to be.

Publication Date: 02/01/10