Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by BigBoatsForMe: Drinking and Dancing on the Majesty!

BigBoatsForMe
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Drinking and Dancing on the Majesty!

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Hi All. I am 24 years old and this was my 4th cruise, 3rd thru Royal.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, which was the best decision because it is a $10 taxi ride over the bridge to the port and it is directly across from Biscayne Mall, which has a Starbucks and it was wonderful! Hotel was nice for a one nighter, elevators are super scary and super slow. Good luck with that.

Got to the port at 11:15am check in smooth as butter and then waited in line for 11:30 to roll around, line started moving, got our pictures taken and WAHLA we were eating lunch in the Windjammer before noon.

We were on deck 3 and we went to our rooms around 230 and our bags werent there yet so my husband went down to the gally and picked up our bags, the crew doesn't care if you take them, less lugging around for them.

Muster drill was boring because they say everything in spanish as well. Ah well.

Dinner was awesome the first night, we had an excellent More dining room experience from head waiter to assistant waitier. Most of the time do you dont see your head waiter until pay day night, but we saw him every night and he always came and talked with us. First night we went dancing and drinking in the lounge(forgot the name, i wonder why) it was excellent. Late night dining experience was Sorrentos, LOVED IT!

First stop was in Nasssau, didnt like it too much. Dirty and looked totally run down.

Second stop was CoCoCay THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD. I beached it all day long. It was so hot and I heard it was the first cruise back to the island since the cold front went through.

Third stop, Key West. I love key west and everything it has. We ate at Sloppy Joes, Walked to the most southern point in the US, bought a purse at Coach, that kinda thing. Lots of walking again.

I loved this ship really. Perfect size for the length of it. We barely were ever in our interior room. So it was fine.

Some points of action for RCCL to take: Do not let dumb people on the ship. People who just stop in front of you while you are dragging luggage. Bar prices are outrageous, watch out. Do not let people wear jean shorts in the MDR, they look stupid. Turn them away please. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 3 3591

Cabin was small, but you really arent in it much. There was room for your luggage under the bed and in the closet. I would book the same type again if it were a 4 nighter.

Key West is fun. Lots of shops. We ate at Sloppy Joes, walked to the Southern Most Point in the US and thats about it.

Fun stores!

Read 741 Key West Reviews

In Nassau we did the Comfort Suites thing with the Atlantis. Atlantis is huge, almost too big. It was fun exciting everything was great except for prices of food, bring credit card, no cash accepted.

Nassau in reality, to me, was very dirty and Im glad I only went to Atlantis. Kind of scared me on the way back to the ship.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews