“Drinking and Dancing on the Majesty!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas

BigBoatsForMe Majesty of the Seas 5 Drinking and Dancing on the Majesty!
BigBoatsForMe
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Hi All. I am 24 years old and this was my 4th cruise, 3rd thru Royal.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, which was the best decision because it is a $10 taxi ride over the bridge to the port and it is directly across from Biscayne Mall, which has a Starbucks and it was wonderful! Hotel was nice for a one nighter, elevators are super scary and super slow. Good luck with that.

Got to the port at 11:15am check in smooth as butter and then waited in line for 11:30 to roll around, line started moving, got our pictures taken and WAHLA we were eating lunch in the Windjammer before noon.

We were on deck 3 and we went to our rooms around 230 and our bags werent there yet so my husband went down to the gally and picked up our bags, the crew doesn't care if you take them, less lugging around for them.

Muster drill was boring because they say everything in spanish as well. Ah well.

Dinner was awesome the first night, we had an excellent dining room experience from head waiter to assistant waitier. Most of the time do you dont see your head waiter until pay day night, but we saw him every night and he always came and talked with us. First night we went dancing and drinking in the lounge(forgot the name, i wonder why) it was excellent. Late night dining experience was Sorrentos, LOVED IT!

First stop was in Nasssau, didnt like it too much. Dirty and looked totally run down.

Second stop was CoCoCay THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD. I beached it all day long. It was so hot and I heard it was the first cruise back to the island since the cold front went through.

Third stop, Key West. I love key west and everything it has. We ate at Sloppy Joes, Walked to the most southern point in the US, bought a purse at Coach, that kinda thing. Lots of walking again.

I loved this ship really. Perfect size for the length of it. We barely were ever in our interior room. So it was fine.

Some points of action for RCCL to take: Do not let dumb people on the ship. People who just stop in front of you while you are dragging luggage. Bar prices are outrageous, watch out. Do not let people wear jean shorts in the MDR, they look stupid. Turn them away please.

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

M3591
Cabin was small, but you really arent in it much. There was room for your luggage under the bed and in the closet. I would book the same type again if it were a 4 nighter.

Port
Key West is fun. Lots of shops. We ate at Sloppy Joes, walked to the Southern Most Point in the US and thats about it.

Fun stores!

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Port
In Nassau we did the Comfort Suites thing with the Atlantis. Atlantis is huge, almost too big. It was fun exciting everything was great except for prices of food, bring credit card, no cash accepted.

Nassau in reality, to me, was very dirty and Im glad I only went to Atlantis. Kind of scared me on the way back to the ship.

Read 4,122 Nassau Reviews
Published 01/31/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Majesty of the Seas Review
Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?