“valor did well for this Vet!”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

snorkelgirl1 Carnival Valor 3 valor did well for this Vet!
snorkelgirl1
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Carnival is a good solid cruise experience. Impressions: -too much space dedicated to smoking environments of entertainment spaces. Limits access for those who don't want to smell like smoke....I am not super sensitive, but Winstons Cigar Bar was the largest waste of space I have ever seen. -also, much space dedicated for kids activities...fine..but means less footage for adult areas/ lounges/ etc. -dining room food was fine. Service is hurried....and less personal...since the "death" of individual, end of cruise tipping.

Expected on most ships. -decide if you want a jumbo-tron movie experience or not. Greatly affects the poolside atmosphere. I have been on two ships with them...and find I do not like them. -pools are small (again, jumbo-tron)...less "music/ reggaie" experience because of movie screen. -casino had entertainment and a small dance floor....a first for me. Again, smokey. -found Carnival web site to be one of the worst ever...not well designed. Hopefully they will improve it. -shows were good, standard fare. -this was my first Carnival...I was a bit leery, due to the "party" till you puke image. Not the case. I still prefer Princess, Celebrity and RC, but if Carnival fits your schedule, no worries!

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Rates
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Tendering here takes some time. I heard they may be opening a pier soon...check to see what your ship is doing. I took a trip from the cruise line, because it left right from the boat (we were picked up )...went to Geoffs Caye. Great trip. Belieze is super for the reefs. Super country and stop.

Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
Took private excursion..snorkeling....easy to do. Love this port...have been here for port calls (4 times) and week long resort stays. People are friendly and many speak english. Do what you want and enjoy yourself. Great Reefs and snorkeling, and diving.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Carnival just built new terminal...it is far from the main town. You will need to taxi or excursion to get around. Great country...people friendly and speak english. Great snorkeling....get out and enjoy the second best reef system in the world.

Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 01/27/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?