Carnival Valor 3

“valor did well for this Vet!”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

snorkelgirl1
Member Since 2010
41 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Carnival is a good solid cruise experience. Impressions: -too much space dedicated to smoking environments of entertainment spaces. Limits access for those who don't want to smell like smoke....I am not super sensitive, but Winstons Cigar Bar was the largest waste of space I have ever seen. -also, much space dedicated for kids activities...fine..but means less footage for adult areas/ lounges/ etc. -dining room food was fine. Service is hurried....and less personal...since the "death" of individual, end of cruise tipping.

Expected on most ships. -decide if you want a jumbo-tron movie experience or not. Greatly affects the poolside atmosphere. I have been on two ships with them...and find I do not like them. -pools are small (again, jumbo-tron)...less "music/ reggaie" experience because of movie screen. -casino had entertainment and a small dance floor....a first for me. Again, smokey. -found Carnival web site to be one of the worst ever...not well designed. Hopefully they will More improve it. -shows were good, standard fare. -this was my first Carnival...I was a bit leery, due to the "party" till you puke image. Not the case. I still prefer Princess, Celebrity and RC, but if Carnival fits your schedule, no worries! Less

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2009
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Tendering here takes some time. I heard they may be opening a pier soon...check to see what your ship is doing. I took a trip from the cruise line, because it left right from the boat (we were picked up )...went to Geoffs Caye. Great trip. Belieze is super for the reefs. Super country and stop.

Took private excursion..snorkeling....easy to do. Love this port...have been here for port calls (4 times) and week long resort stays. People are friendly and many speak english. Do what you want and enjoy yourself. Great Reefs and snorkeling, and diving.

Read 4533 Cozumel Reviews

Tendering is smooth. Small island, easy to get around. Good place to snorkel.

Carnival just built new terminal...it is far from the main town. You will need to taxi or excursion to get around. Great country...people friendly and speak english. Great snorkeling....get out and enjoy the second best reef system in the world.

Read 2191 Roatan Reviews

Published 01/27/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?