MSC Poesia Cruise Review by sitter: January 9-16, 2010 Cruise with family

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

January 9-16, 2010 Cruise with family

Sail Date: January 2010

My 74YR old Father, my 49YR old sister, her 15YR old daughter cruised with me for their 1st time. I have been on 3 other cruises....Norwegian, & Carnival. They absolutely LOVED it. We had a hard time getting my sister away from any windows, as that is where she always wanted to be to watch the water. My Dad got a bit grumpy at times, complaining about lines & waiting for anything! But he still managed to have a great time! I actually lost weight also on this cruise. I thought the food overall was pretty bad! I didn't starve, but thought the food was below average. I had alot of research done ahead of time about this cruise, so not to much was a surprise for me....except the quality of the food!

The ship was beautiful & the staff amazing! My Father was amazed at all the staff always cleaning every little spot on the ship. Every time you turned around, there were cleaning, & polishing the brass handrails & stairways. My sister had a hard time sleeping the 1st More nite, she said the mattress was too hard for her. So I asked the cabin steward to get her a foam pad for bed & he got it before we went to bed that nite! I also asked for extra blankets & pillows. I made the mistake of leaving my grocery store card in the slot when you come in to keep the lights on. One day it went missing, so I asked my room steward if he had taken it. He came back to my room with a handful of cards for me to look thru till I found MY card! Seems other's have done the same thing & they may frown upon that & therefore take them! We did watch some time of the shows....my Dad loved them! We enjoyed sitting up above the pool deck to listen to the entertainment & people watch....& we did get great shows doing that! I too wish there was more time spent on the ports. Not enough time to get to know the islands very well! On Tortola, we were in a bus of a city tour, & about 11 other passengers on board who discovered that the bus driver only spoke English....they did NOT....nor did they understand him. I felt bad for them all. We chose to keep our luggage with us for getting off. Unfortunately we were called off 1st then. We had an evening flight, so we could have hung on the boat longer. So instead of checking our Florida more, we sat at the airport all day. (Dad was tired & didn't want to explore more) My 15YR. old niece didn't go to the teen club at all, she chose to hang with us adults. She was just fine with that.

Overall, I probably would only choose MSC if the price was nice....otherwise I don't think I would choose them. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia 11141

The cabin worked out VERY well for us....3 women!! Plenty of room for all our clothes & plenty of space to get ready for us women! I brought an over the door shoe holder for the bathroom door to store all our little stuff.

(4)
Read 2614 Nassau Reviews

Because of the time we had at this port, we only walked around town a bit, then stopped at Senor Frogs for a soda. Dad was grumpy & tired, so we sent him back to the ship for a rest & we stopped at Chicago Burger for a bite to eat. It was AMAZING! It started to rain, but we just stayed outside under the umbrella & took our time finishing our dinner. I wish I would of done a city nite tour!
Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

We chose to go to a beach on this stop. So we grabbed a taxi for $8/piece one way. After doing research online before the cruise, I knew that Orient Beach was the most popular & crowded beach....& clothing optional! I didn't that was a good choice with my Father & niece...so we went to Maho Beach. What a good choice!! I was the best day spent! Sitting on the beach watching the planes land right over your head!!

At this port we chose to jump in an open sides van for a island tour. So I watched all the taxi & van drivers lining people up & chose a ~Fun~ van to jump into & waited till it filled up for our tour. About 5 min. into listening to him tell us info, we noticed that there were about a dozen people on-board that were not real happy. They could not speak English nor could they understand it! I felt bad for them having to spend the next 2hrs. not understanding anything that the tour guide was saying. So they decided to just communicate with each other very loudly....which made to hard for us to hear our tour!! Oh well...the scenery was too beautiful to get mad....was by far the most beautiful island I've ever been on!! I would definitely go back there on a vacation!!
Read 501 Tortola Reviews