MSC Poesia Cruise Review by sitter

MSC Poesia
Member Name: sitter
Cruise Date: January 2010
Cabin Category: 3?
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
January 9-16, 2010 Cruise with family
My 74YR old Father, my 49YR old sister, her 15YR old daughter cruised with me for their 1st time. I have been on 3 other cruises....Norwegian, & Carnival. They absolutely LOVED it. We had a hard time getting my sister away from any windows, as that is where she always wanted to be to watch the water. My Dad got a bit grumpy at times, complaining about lines & waiting for anything! But he still managed to have a great time! I actually lost weight also on this cruise. I thought the food overall was pretty bad! I didn't starve, but thought the food was below average. I had alot of research done ahead of time about this cruise, so not to much was a surprise for me....except the quality of the food!

The ship was beautiful & the staff amazing! My Father was amazed at all the staff always cleaning every little spot on the ship. Every time you turned around, there were cleaning, & polishing the brass handrails & stairways. My sister had a hard time sleeping the 1st nite, she said the mattress was too hard for her. So I asked the cabin steward to get her a foam pad for bed & he got it before we went to bed that nite! I also asked for extra blankets & pillows. I made the mistake of leaving my grocery store card in the slot when you come in to keep the lights on. One day it went missing, so I asked my room steward if he had taken it. He came back to my room with a handful of cards for me to look thru till I found MY card! Seems other's have done the same thing & they may frown upon that & therefore take them! We did watch some time of the shows....my Dad loved them! We enjoyed sitting up above the pool deck to listen to the entertainment & people watch....& we did get great shows doing that! I too wish there was more time spent on the ports. Not enough time to get to know the islands very well! On Tortola, we were in a bus of a city tour, & about 11 other passengers on board who discovered that the bus driver only spoke English....they did NOT....nor did they understand him. I felt bad for them all. We chose to keep our luggage with us for getting off. Unfortunately we were called off 1st then. We had an evening flight, so we could have hung on the boat longer. So instead of checking our Florida more, we sat at the airport all day. (Dad was tired & didn't want to explore more) My 15YR. old niece didn't go to the teen club at all, she chose to hang with us adults. She was just fine with that.

Overall, I probably would only choose MSC if the price was nice....otherwise I don't think I would choose them.

Publication Date: 01/27/10