Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Celestial345

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Celestial345
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: Celestial345
Cruise Date: January 2010
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

Best girls trip EVER!
I vacationed on the Liberty 1/16/10---1/23/10 with some of my best gf's (ages: 23, 28,28,38). We are a fun, wild, happy, outgoing group of friends and had high expectations for the trip, but didn't want to "play it up" too much for fear of disappointment. I can tell you easily that this exceeded any expectations that we might have had.

The embarkation was great. We started to have great service the second we got out of the taxi to hand our bags over at Carnival. Getting inside and knowing where to go was easy. We were on the boat within a 1/2 hr maybe?? The second we got onto the boat we were in the Flower Bar (think that's the name??) and got a drink. The atrium will leave you in awe. The clear elevators going up and down near the huge, multicolor chandelier is breathtaking. An hr later or so (and after delicous drinks) we headed to the bathroom to change into our swimming suits (do this!! you wont get your bags till about 130 and you want to change to hang out on the Lido Deck!). They had carribean and fun dance/pop music playing. Tons of people were dancing, tonsof people were in the pool, and tons of people were just relaxing and eating/drinking and watching the water. What a greattttt start to our vacation!

Food-- fantastic. We ate at 815 in the Silver Dining Room. I recc'd late eating b/c when you get back from some of the ports of call, its late enough (3-4 pm)that you want to relax a bit, THEN go shower and go down to eat. We had 2 waiters--Virgilio and Iwaynan who were so fun and awesome! We had some of our favorite nights start b/c of how great they were. At our every whim, fun, reliable, anticipated our needs even! We all hugged and took pics once the week was over; see how much we loved them!!! :) Emilies was really good, too. This is the restaraunt on the 9th floor thats always open. The mongolian type grill was amazing. If you're hungry and want toeat good food quicky, this is the place to go.

The service was nearly perfect. Our rooms were picked up twice daily, we had fun towel animals to come back to, and everyone was always smiling. I don't think we complained about the staff once (and I am HUGH on customer service). Room service was fast and always good. Room service provides the basic foods---they're good, but nothing fancy like the dining rooms or Emilies. It def. fills you up and you are happy afterwards. Activities- Hot and Cool lounge (aka dance club) was reallly fun. The DJ is rude----ok, I guess I am complaining about one person---but overall the music was great. Open 10-4 a.m. Lots of pop, old school rap, techno. Lots of age ranges in there. You dont have to be 21-25 to enjoy this room. Plenty of 40-50 yr olds hangining in there, too. Cool room---black lights all over and huge hands/feet "holding" the room up. Good times. Will miss this room!

Piano Bar---great entertainment. Highly recommend. Fun sing alongs and relaxing.

Venetian Palace-- saw Fat Cat (comedian) he was really funny. Also say a Hypnotist show--2 times. First time was the PG13 version. Next night was the rated R version at midnight. So freaking funny! Great entertainment. Everyone was laughing so hard!

The Promenade (deck 5) is where a lot of the activities are located. The Casino is on this level too---that was really fun! The had the best sushi I'd ever had and Jardin Cafe had good looking desserts and coffee.

Exercised up on deck 11 and they have nice, easy to use gym equipment. It has a nice view of the ocean. There are 2 awesome saunas up there---with PERFECT views of the ocean. I did this several times and loved it. Great way to view the sunset.

I could keep writing this review for a long while, but maybe I'll just summarize it now. Great weather (yeah!), beautiful ports of call (more on that later), fantastic service, and a perfect enviorment for fabulous memories! I will definitly sail Carnival again, and would def. sail on the Liberty again!

Publication Date: 01/26/10