Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Peg_S

Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

It was a good week.
Ship: Very nice. I know many people think the decor is too wild, but come on - it's fun! I wouldn't want most of that wall paper in my home, but it's a cruise ship - so why not? I kept imagining the designer(s) fun in picking out all the pieces for each area. Not often you'd get a free rein like that!

We saw crew cleaning and fixing something every day. No stains, tears, messes anywhere. I know it just came out of dry dock, but I was still very amazed how nice everything looked.

Staff: I was really amazed how warm and friendly all the staff and crew were. We received warm greetings from every crew member we passed by, whether they were restocking the buffet or polishing the ceiling (really!).

Cabin: Our cabin was 7446, an aft balcony. The room size is fine for two people. Plenty of space and plenty of storage. The balcony is wonderful - plenty of room to stretch out. Just what I wanted.It also was in a great location. We could run up two flights in the morning for breakfast buffet. Easy.

Food: I was very happy with the food. We figured we'd eat in the steak house if the dining room got "boring", but it didn't. We ate in the dining room every night but one, when we decided to "buffet-hop" just to see what was offered there. The menus were varied and there was something interesting to order each night.

We tried the Anytime Dining option. It was only the second week this was offered on the Freedom. We loved it. We ended up eating around 7 or 7:30 most nights. Being ready by 6 or waiting to 8 would have been a pain. We usually got seated immediately. Twice we were given a beeper and asked to wait...we had our glass of wine and went down the stairs and sat in the lobby listening to the band and people watched. No big deal.

We ate breakfast in the dining room on the first day (Key West). Decided to do buffet the rest of the time because it was quicker and not that much difference in food.

Aft balcony: I picked it because of the larger balcony...and we loved it. We had two regular chairs, a table and a lounge chair. I was happy with the extra room to stretch out. And the view is great. We really enjoyed spending time there.

Publication Date: 01/25/10