Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by jaydeecozumel

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by jaydeecozumel
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: jaydeecozumel
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Sewer Smell - Guest Services Says
I am a long time customer of RCCL. I have had some great cruises and some medium cruises and now I have hit the worst. I booked this cruise to check off some of my items on my "bucket list," Sphinx, pyramids, Parthenon and more. While seeing the sights was my main objective, having to go into the hallway almost everyday was like walking into the smells of a giant outhouse. It was unbelievable... I complained over the phone to guest services the first day. They said they were emptying "grey water" and there was a malfunction and the smell would be gone the next day. Well I waited two days, dealing with the smell, and then went in person to guest services. I kindly introduced myself, cabin number and that I was a great fan and loyal customer of RCCL. I asked if I told him of my complaints would they be addressed. He just smiled. I proceeded to tell him that there was a foul sewer smell the whole length of the hallway on deck 3, starboard side. He said, and I quote..."this is a flaw with this type of ship and there is NOTHING we can do about it. You will experience this smell several times during your cruise." I could not believe it. The smell did not permeate the cabin, but it would just about knock you over when you opened the door to the hallway.

Unfortunately we had to deal with gale force winds and had to miss our first port of Tunisia. The ports we did visit were lovely. Cruise Director...basically non existent. He even had a verbal altercation in front of hundreds of cruisers with another cruiser...very unprofessional. On board activities were boring. Entertainment could better be found at a local county fair. Food was like a "fast food diner" in both main dining and Windjammer. This will not keep me from sailing with RCCL, I will just stay clear of any ship that the cruise director, head chef and captain are sailing. As a person retired from public relations, these 3 people get an "F" for their unprofessional and lack of experience dealing with their customer base.

Last note...look to see where your cabin is...stay away from the starboard side on "Brilliance of the Seas."

Publication Date: 01/23/10
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by jaydeecozumel
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews