Sun Princess Cruise Review by Aussie Cruiser 1945

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sun Princess Cruise Review by Aussie Cruiser 1945
Sun Princess
Sun Princess
Member Name: Aussie Cruiser 1945
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Freeport
Destination: Asia
Cabin Number: u97
See More About: Sun Princess Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sun Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sun Princess Deck Plans
Christmas and New Years at Sea!
I've just read two "reviews" of the December 2009 P & O Sun cruise out of Fremantle One called the ship a rusty old bucket....which I do NOT agree with. In fact that poor miserable traveler didn't have a very good trip... but maybe it's their attitude. The other review was closer to my point of view... though I do have some complaints about dining room service. we skipped dessert a few times because it NEVER arrived and the waiters had master that 'I don't see you stare'.

Over all I preferred the buffet...more choices, more vegetables and you could eat and go.

I've been on 7 other cruises, none on this line, they were a bit more expensive and a few years back. The food on those ships was better...but... food on this ship was quite good most of the time. Though the 'lobster bisque' should be renamed 'oxtail soup' - for that is what it Though the 'lobster bisque' should be renamed 'oxtail soup' - for that is what it looked and tasted like.

I thought there was more vibration then on other ships I've been on. it didn't cause me any sleepless nights...but was noticeable not only in the cabin but even more so on some of the upper decks.

Yes, there was a problem with the water system for a couple of days salty water and ice. but ....things happen.

Three days out I developed 'shingles' I thought the medical staff was excellent.... I didn't have travel insurance so I don't get my money back.. but wasn't that expensive...and worth the price. Even received a typed up report to take back to my regular GP.

There were a few issues with excursions.

Overall I'd do it again! just maybe not the singles part!.

There were a few issues with excursions.

Overall I'd do it again! just maybe not the singles part!.

NOTE: your comment section does not give FREMANTLE as an options and none of the port-o-calls we went to were listed in the drop down menus

Publication Date: 01/22/10