Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by alfmac

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

BRITS ON TOUR-Carnival Freedom Dec 2009
Loved the ship, crew, excursions, everything! Went with hubby and 2 best friends for my 50th birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Having only ever cruised once before, (Carnival again from Port Canaveral to Bahamas for 3 days in 2008) we a bit dubious about our friends who were first timers. They were so sick of us ranting about what to expect that we were worried that we may have exaggerated. No worries, we all had a ball. As Brits we are used to putting up with sub standard cr*p and not complaining (only to each other!)

The cabins, food, service, entertainment, public areas, excursions and overall impression were first class. On my actual birthday we booked the Sun King Restaurant. I thought it may be a bit of a waste of $30 each as the food in the Posh dining room had been wonderful and the service 5 star. I could not have been more wrong. We were treated as VIP's, the food was to die for and the staff made me feel so special that I did not want to leave. Unfortunately there was a deck party at 11pm so I had to go get my best togs off to join in... One little gripe; we were initially allocated a booth for 4 in the Posh dining room as our table for the whole cruise. NOT NICE, very dark, could not read the menu, could not see what was 'going on' anywhere else and could not mingle and meet new people.Diner style bench seats are not conducive with formal attire. Soon got moved though, and the Maitre D seemed so used to the request that I suspect that we weren't the first to complain. I'm a bit worried now though 'cos we've got the bug and I don't want to go with any different cruise line, we found Carnival excellent.

Publication Date: 01/21/10