“Carnival Freedom - 1/10/2010”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

Matt_TX Carnival Freedom 4 Carnival Freedom - 1/10/2010
Matt_TX
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My friends and I decided to go on a cruise for New Year to escape the cold weather and unwind after the holidays. Carnival Freedom turned out to be the perfect choice. There were four of us traveling ranging in age from 30 to 37.

First off, I have been on over a dozen cruises, several with Carnival, and I have to say this is my favorite Carnival ship to date. I have been on Splendor, Ecstasy, Conquest and now Freedom. I don't know why there have been complaints over the decor on the ship - I thought it was fantastic. I loved the alternative colors, the clean lines of the International Lounge and the Egyptian theme of the casino. Overall, I loved the style and feel of the ship, more than any other I have been on...

My cabin was fantastic. I booked cabin 9202, which is priced as an inside cabin, but actually has a window. Best of all, the window faces forward on the ship so you have the same view as the bridge! Also, a few feet away, there was a door to access a completely private deck where you could enjoy some quiet time. I would absolutely book this cabin again... Our cabin steward did a good job too, the room was always cleaned, towels replaced, and fresh ice provided.

The food was great also. I love Indian food and there was a Tandoori section at the lunch buffet every day. Fantastic... I was in heaven!

The shows were wonderful too... We watched them all. My favorite was "Ticket to Ride" featuring all the songs of the Beatles.

Embarkation and Debarkation was an absolute breeze. It took us 40 mins to get on board, and about 3 minutes to disembark at the end, literally, it was 3 mins. Unbelievable. We did the "Self-Assist" check out which was by far the best option.

Overall, and amazing ship and a great cruise. Highly recommended!

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Rates
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Published 01/21/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?