Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jbone31: Liberty was fun

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Liberty was fun

Sail Date: January 2010

My girlfriend and I cruised the liberty the second week in January. We are both relatively new to cruising. I had been on one 12 years ago and she never did it before. She lobbies for all inclusive destinations... me not so much. We are both 40 and wanted to check it out. The weather was cool and did not provide for lots of sun but we had a great time regardless.

Arriving in Miami was really uneventful. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and then used a shuttle (Easy Express) to get us to the port. We arrived at the Pier around 1230 and were on the ship by 1315.

Initial impressions were the ship was BIG. It was a cool day so the sail away and all that fun stuff really never came to life but we enjoyed a drink from the crown lounge and sailed out. The next day was cool and not condusive to laying out so we exlored the ship and learned our way aroudn relatively quickly.

I enjoyed our cabin. We were back a ways from the elevators but walking was not a problem. We More were directly across from the employees service stairs but they made no noise for us. The room was plenty big with a great unobstructed balcony. Highly recommend the room.

Food was good in the main dinning rooms, windjammer and room serivce was good as well. However the food was EXCELLENT in the specialty restaurants. Well worth the cover. We eat at both locations twice. The better of the two I would say was Portofino's. Our second dinner at Chops the last night of sailing was half the meal we received the first night. They were out of stuff and the presentation lacked big time.

Favorite bar was Boleros on the 4th floor. Made friends with Oscar the bartender who took great care of us throughout the week. Drinks were costly... We drank each day, few drinks and a cheap bottle of wine with dinner etc and spent about $800 between the two of us.

Ports were okay.

Cost Maya. We hit a place called Maya Chan Beach. It was the best part of our trip. Enjoyed every aspect of it. Good food, great accommodations, free activities and a full open bar. He even provided taxis to and from into your costs. Massages were also offered at $20 1/2 hours and $35 for an hour. The ladies were good too. Total hassle free day.

Belize is not a real good stop. We took the tender into port and turned right back around after shopping for a bit.

Cozumel - We went to Nachi Cocom. It was fun but not nearly as nice as Maya Chan. The service was good but everything outside of the beach and drinks will cost you extra.

We did not see too much of the entertainment. We did my time adn generally ate around 7:30 which does not set up well with show times because you are right in the middle of the two dinning times which dictate when the shows begin and end as a convenience to them. By the time our dinner was done say 9pm we had to wait around until 1045 to see the start of a show. By then we had a few drinks casino, we got lazy and never followed through. Heard great things and the few we did see we enjoyed.

Getting off the boat was not real bad either. We were allowed to get off around 1030 and it was a nice casual morning. We walked around got something to eat and relaxed until called. I expected much worse. When we walked off we were on our way through customs and with our bags in 10 minutes. With the express walk off you really can book an early flight. They were out quick and early.

Outside of the weather which was poor we had a great time! I hope to be back cruising again soon.

Any questions let me know. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 7680

I enjoyed our cabin. We were back a ways from the elevators but walking was not a problem. We were directly across from the employees service stairs but they made no noise for us. The room was plenty big with a beautiful unobstructed balcony.