Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Steelermoose: Absolute DREAM

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Absolute DREAM

Sail Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My DW and I bagan our journey by leaving Augusta GA on Friday and staying at the the Comfort Inn and Suites that evening. Had a great time doing karaoke and started the week off in a good way.

EMBARKATION: Just as everyone prior has said, this was the easiest and quickest I have ever done. Arrived at the terminal at 10:45 am and were on the boat exploring by 11:15 am. AWESOME!!

The DREAM is an expansive ship, but the layout was terrific. We stayed in room 1-315 Riviera Deck which is a category 6N stateroom (Oceanview deluxe) The room was unbelievably spacious and had 2 bathrooms. One bathroom had a toilet sink and shower and the other had a junior tub w/ shower and a sink. It was absolutely fantastic for my wife and i to both be able to get ready at the same time. Our room steward was Raslani form Indonesia. I met him in the hallway at 11:45 am and he told me we could just get in the room now because he was done. I gave him a $20 bill and asked him if he could keep More ice on the water we brought with us in my collapsible cooler and also give us some extra pillows. He did not disappoint. He gave us fresh ice morning and night and was always asking if we needed anything else. Terrific service!!

We had early seating in the Crimson Restaurant table 149. We were blessed with Yotsa and Agung as our waitstaff. Both learned our names almost immediately and after day 1 knew what we were drinking before we were seated! We had a chance to talk with both of them about their homes and families and learned a great bit about their future goals and dreams...(Note: there is nothing better than meeting new people and hearing their life stories. These people are all from 3rd world countries and are exploited to an extent by their employers.) They were so good we ate breakfast EVERY morning in the MDR and asked gladly for their section! Our tablemates (Autumn and carl) were great and we spent most of the week doing the nightlife and ship activities with them. Thanks guys we had a blast and loved y'all!! We did try the burrito bar (good), the pasta bar (great), the pizza bar (good), and the Mongolian wok (Great). We never ate from the main buffet on the lido deck as my wife and I are both trying to watch our diets. Plus, we did not wish to experience the chaos that others have complained about in the Lido deck. We chose to use the stairs most of the trip rather than the elevators because it was great exercise, and at the same time it seemed much quicker.

The ships activities were great and there always seemed to be something going on everywhere on the ship. If you cant find something to do,(besides relaxing) then you are either (a) not looking, (b) just lazy or (c) a basic complainer that will never be satisfied and will complain bout everything and nothing! I am not going to go into much detail about the ports as we did different things than most, and it was all fun. The weather could have been better but we did have some nice days in Belize and Costa Maya. Cozumel's weather wasnt very bad for us as we went inland but was VERY windy on the water and the water was cold and choppy causing a lot of snorkling and dive excursions to be cancelled.

The entertainment was really good. DANCING IN THE STREETS is a MUST see!!! I have seen many shows and feel this was one of the absolute best I've seen. Also watched the legends show which was pretty good too. Cant comment on the Country show as we are not big country fans and did not go see it. The adult only comedy shows were fanatstic!! The Casino was fun, and yet the smoke did not bother me at all in there. You never leave smelling like an ashtray like most casinos. The smoking is very well enforced in the casino.

All in all, our cruise was FANTASTIC!! We have already began looking into the Eastern itinerary in january of 2011. I would also suggest that you dont spend any time worrying about your upcoming cruise based on others negative views, because you just need to go into it like anything else. Look forward to your vacation and have a great time!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>