Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Mom2Madison&Blake

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Mom2Madison&Blake
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: Mom2Madison&Blake
Cruise Date: January 2010
Entertainment 5+
        13-15 3.0

DO NOT DREAM anytime in the near future!
We have used this site numerous times when choosing a cruise. We usually narrow the choices, then check out the ship reviews. We have cruised more than a dozen times but this is the first review of a ship I have ever felt I just HAD to write. We just returned from a week on the CARNIVAL DREAM. The embarkation process was great! We rented a car one-way from the airport...worked well.

There are many Positive Things I can say about the Dream.....but I will list those AFTER I list the PROBLEMS they have with this ship. Here we go...

-They have WAY TOO MANY people on this ship! Obviously it is all about money. They have MORE passengers than standing space in the public areas. Don't even think about going into the buffet...people are falling over each other. There is a TERRIBLE (and when I say TERRIBLE...I mean TERRIBLE ) traffic flow problem in the buffet. Trays falling, as passengers try to get through to even find a table. They are so close to each other-UGH! Don't try walking through the pool area during the day. If someone doesn't fall into you, you will topple over trying to get into one of the pool chairs that are pushed together. You literally have to crawl into them from the end, then shimmy your way to the end of the lounge chair to get out (IF you can find one to begin with) Also, make sure you are in TOP physical condition so you can travel up and down several flights of stairs each day because you will be lucky if you ever see the inside of an elevator. A few times we actually rode the elevator down several floors, just so we could eventually go up.

....the design of the ship OBVIOUSLY has problems...and YES THERE IS A SEWER GAS SMELL! The ship seems to be haunted with it. One of our rooms was on Deck 11, and I couldn't stand the smell. It would go away for several hours, then come back. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from because out of the blue you might smell it on deck 12, then the dining room....the pool area...etc. Carnival........PLEASE FIX this problem by increasing the size of your public areas, or take out some of the cabins and add more room. Everyone expects the rooms to be small, but the public areas? The service was horrible! ...ESPECIALLY in the dining room. THOSE POOR WAITORS! They did all they could do running back and forth, back and forth...I blame Carnival for this because they simply need more staff in there. Dinner took two hours-OMG you have NO idea!

Now the good stuff- The food quality was great. The staff really tried to please. The ports were great (my beef is about the ship) AND the ENTERTAINMENT was the BEST I have ever seen on a ship! The production shows and the Comedy Club was OVER THE TOP -WONDERFUL! Hats off to the production staff and choreographers! Simply WONDERFUL! The dancers had the best technique than I have seen on any cruise! ONE thing Carnival did right on this ship was the addition of the HIP HOP group. These guys are AMAZING! We would like to see this type of group added to other ships, because we definately won't be cruising on the DREAM again. The food quality and entertainment was worth the price of the cruise IF....you can handle the other nightmares.

Publication Date: 01/22/10