Carnival Dream Cruise Review by zkreative1

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Great Ship, Great Time!
I chose the Dream because it was a new ship and I loved that it went to so many ports in 7 days! I wanted to see as much as possible and I was not disappointed. This was my second cruise and my BF's 1st cruise - our first together and we were both really excited.

Overall the Ship, service & food was great. The ship was very nice and easy to navigate after a day or so. We liked the Serenity deck, which was adults only. You could always find a place to get away. The only issue I had was that the hot tubs were always full of super loud rowdy people. Well, at least when we were out there...

The entertainment - was AWESOME!! The singers all over the ship were wonderful. The dancing and especially the break dancing were top notch! Every show we saw at the comedy club was stellar!! We were surprised and impressed at how good the comedians were.

Excursions - We did 2. Onw was in Belize (snorkeling). It was beautiful, but would have been great if the weather was actually sunny and warm. The second one was in Honduras. The tour was called something like pirates, monkeys and birds. It was a beautiful park and again, if the weather would have been sunny and warm, it would have been fantastic. I think the prices were a bit high, so I suggest planning ahead and checking out vendors outside of Carnival.

The food - We had late seating in Crimson and the food was good. Sometimes it was great, but most of the time just good. I felt like the previous Carnival cruise had better food in their dining room. The lunch buffets were all great. The pasta bar, and Tandori grill were delicious! They had a wok station and the lines there were super long so that was disappointing. The pizza was good and the deli sandwiches and grill (especially the veggie patties) were yummy. There were tons of options, so you could not be disappointed with variety offered! We only went to one midnight buffet and it was yummy. We stayed away because we didn't want the extra calories, plus we were so full from dinner!!

The gym - Fantastic! Tons of new treadmills, a handful of elliptical machines and weight training machines that met all my needs. It was great and I used the gym 5 out of the 7 days! It was more crowded in the morning, but not a big deal.

Embarkation & disembarkation - was fine and no big issues. The disembarkation did take a while with the super long line (and we waited to go toward the end). I can only imagine what it looked like earlier...SCARY.

The room - We were on the 1st floor and loved our room!!! The window was great and we enjoyed sitting in the window and looking out at the water. We also loved having 2 showers and 2 sinks!!!! The room was clean, had a safe, a comfortable bed, and the closet space was great. It met all our needs!

The staff - Everyone was really nice. The service across the board was really good. Our room stewards were so kind and friendly!! They did a wonderful job cleaning and taking care of us!! Jakitra and Koko rocked!!

Publication Date: 01/22/10