Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by natal

Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Cheapstyle cruising
Ref. NCL Jade 03 Jan 2010

During reservation I was told that by taken a certain category of cabins that I would automatically be upgraded to a better cabin, so instead of choosing interior cabin I chose a better cabin, with a granted upgrade, don't worry I did not receive it they told me that the ship is full, what a pile of crape. Also I reserved over 4 month ago when there was a special that if you reserve in advance you would receive a coupon book for discounts aboard (tell you the truth you need it because this has to be the most expensive ship I have ever travel on) so when I arrived in my cabin there were no coupon book in my cabin so I ask at the purser office and because I was not on the list of those that were entitle to receive this coupon book I will not receive it so twice reservation scrude me over.

Other comments, there are over 6 paying restaurants aboard this ship so meals that are included are not of a great standard, that we find on other ship, that is to insight you to go and spend additional money, in the other restaurants, witch so far they have been very good as good as other ship with out having to pay for. Just to give you a example in the main dining room a shrimp cocktail consists on mini shrimps no more than a soup spoon in the Cagney dinning room they are over 3 to 4 inches long what a difference.

Drinks aboard are quite expensive most martini are 8 or 9 dollars and even a fountain of Pepsi is 2 dollars not a bottle a fountain witch consist of maybe 5 oz of ice and 5 oz of Pepsi.

After 8 days on ship.

Well we are back from Cairo so far the only good thing I can say about this cruise is that the excursion are great probable it is because they are not done by NCL.

The service is very bad, smiles are hard to get, and the ship is going through a diarrehea epidemic they are always disinfection the ship and our hand you can not go any were with out having to disinfect your hands, may be this is good but a minimum of 15 times a day get annoying.

Well it going home day finally, all suites cases in the hallway and my final bill arrive but yes you guest it a surprise, my internet bill had a 24 dollars charge so I call the internet cafe and ask why this charge, they told me that I went over in my time so I ask how, when you open the internet service it ask you if you want additional minutes and I answered no I was going to run my time out and close my service automaticly, but no there was a fine print even if you say you do not want additional minutes you will be charged to you if you go over, good thing i closed my computer a haft hour later if not I would have been charged for the inter night even if I had not used it. But wait I thought no meant no, not no NCL I means more money.

This is my cruise in conclusion bad service hard to get a smile very costly and they are always right, they should change freestyle for expensivestyle highwayroberystyle any thing but free. For the excursion most are very good it always depend on the Guides but they were mostly very good. Ncl Jade 03 Jan 2010

Publication Date: 01/21/10