Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by traveljunkie2010

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by traveljunkie2010
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: traveljunkie2010
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Fabulous in almost every way!!! Vegetarians bring food!
Fantastic ice skating shows, I took a private lesson from one of the stars on the ship for only $25.00 for 30 minutes and had so much fun!! I learned so much in 30 minutes, even how to spin!! The pilates classes were great, soaking in the hot tub was fun, the shows at night were all fantastic, the disco was phenomenal!! The DJ played all kinds of songs we requested. He was so wonderful!!! the people who worked on the ship could not have been nicer or more concerned for the passengers comfort and good time.

The only thing that would prevent me from cruising Royal Carib again is the poor selection of food options for vegans. When I went to the restaurant and opened my menu daily at lunch I was always so disappointed to see the same unhealthy choice me as a vegan. The one menu option was Corn Cakes which are really more of an appetizer and I'm not a fan. They're not a healthy, filling or satisfying option so having the menu offer just the one dish daily made me envious of all of the other fine diners who were enjoying a healthy variety of beautifully prepared food. I ate salad bar daily(since it was the other choice besides corn cakes), but it was boring to live on salad and bread. For breakfast I was able to eat fruit but that's about it. It would have been incredible to have Tofu scrmable, and veggie bacon or sausage available. Does anyone know if any ship offers a great vegan menu? I would be thrilled to become loyal to a ship that accomodates a healthy vegan diet. I found it somewhat disappointing to have to explain to the head waiter what vegans eat to have a balanced diet. Seems like protein options for vegans like seitan, tofu, tempeh and beans would naturally be on every menu. The dinner menu always offered an indian dish and a pasta dish. Again, no protein and no variety. The food was always tasty which I appreciated. Any suggestions of cruises that care about vegans? Any fellow veggies out there? I'll go anywhere?! :)

Publication Date: 01/21/10