Carnival Glory Cruise Review by soverygrateful: A skeptic converted!

soverygrateful
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

A skeptic converted!

Sail Date: January 2010

I went on this cruise, with Carnival mostly because it was one of the cheapest ones we could find in the Caribbean. After 5 years of intense nursing school and little cash, my boyfriend and I needed a vacation. We went with my parents. I was skeptical, having cruised on princess about 8 years ago. I heard bad things about Carnival and read some awful reviews about Carnival Glory a week before we left. However, I decided that regardless of what went down on the ship, I would be grateful and have an awesome time.

Turns out I didn't even have to have that resolve. From the time we got to the cruise line in freezing cold Miami, we had a very easy time. We boarded the ship, had some lunch on the Lido deck and went down to our first floor ocean view cabin. Let me tell you, for the money, I was impressed. The room was very clean and spacious and the beds were comfy. We were close enough to the elevators that it wasn't a journey, however, we were in the forward part of the ship, so More we only had fellow people on our halls making noises. Our housekeeping staff found out our names immediately and greeted us every single time they saw us. So friendly!

I was prepared for the worst for dinner, but it was actually pretty darn good. The service was great and 'showtime' where the dining crew gets up and dances and sings was so much fun! I loved it. I think for the price of the cruise, it was all well on par with what we received. We did not do a lot of ship activities, because we were more interested in reading and lounging around, but there was always something offered. We loved our cabin and had no problem hanging out in there.

The food on the lido deck was blah, nothing too amazing too report, i thought the buffet style food was cold. The hamburgers from the grill were great and the pizza was also very good. Everything else left me wanting.

We don't drink a lot, so I can't say much about the bar service. My drinks were okay, a few were watered down, but overall they were good.

The dedicated comedy club was awesome. There were four comics during our cruise with great shows, PG and R rated. My only complaint was that there wasn't even enough room! We went to all of them.

The entertainment in the Amber Palace was kind of lame. I hate saying that, because I enjoyed the cruise so much, but it was just lame.

The service was awesome. I thought everyone we met was kind, gracious, and seemed rested.

I asked a 9 year old boy about club carnival,the kids club on the ship, his response 'it is so awesome!' that was great to hear.... Overall, I am super happy with Carnival, I would absolutely sail it again, because it is cheaper, but still good quality. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

The main port area was kind of lame and dirty, but we went on a snorkel trip we bought on shore and it was great. Fabtours. We went out to a private island with a protected cove for the beach, w/ lovely lounge chairs. Then they took us out to the reef to snorkel. It's beautiful, the guides were great. The day was awesome, would totally do it again.

(5.5)
We went on a taxi tour of Cozumel. It was worth $25 for sure. We checked out the Island and had a great time. In the future, I would just park my booty at a beach club, Mr. Sancho's looked awesome.

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was awesome. The tours that they offer at the port are not worth $20 at all, but we had a good time at the rum factory and it didn't matter after that! Hell, is totally not worth it. If I did it again, I would spend my money renting an umbrella and snorkel gear on a good beach and enjoy the day there, because it is very beautiful and well worth it.

I was SOOOO excited to go to Roatan, but I was majorly disappointed to find out that a taxi ride to the nearest beach was $60 for four people. That is the most I have ever encountered. We ended up staying at Mahagony Bay, which is the land Carnival owns on the island. It was nice enough, but the day was overcast and I am never into the commercial places, I'd rather go more local. Oh well, next time.

Read 1649 Roatan Reviews