Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by spunkyljl

Costa Fortuna
Costa Fortuna
Member Name: spunkyljl
Cruise Date: January 2010
See More About: Costa Fortuna Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Fortuna Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Fortuna Deck Plans
My first cruise
I have many friends and family that have cruised a number of times. None had ever used Costa. I have definitely been disappointed on my first cruise. The food was mediocre, the entertainment ok, the cruise staff for the most part, not very friendly. Costa is definitely the cruiseline if you are European, but if you are English speaking, don't bother. They pay very little attention to the ENglish speaking guests. There were quite a few crew members that were down right rude. I will however, compliment our Cabin Steward--he was fabulous!!!!!! Always had a smile, a kind word to say and kept our room immaculate. If we just went into the cabin to pick something up, we would make sure that anything we had disturbed was put back together. Very great service!!

I unfortunately got seasick. When we went down to the pharmacy to get motion sickness patches, the staff couldn't speak English very well and I had a hard time understanding how to use the patch.

Very disappointed, but I will cruise again--just never with Costa!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 01/20/10