Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by spunkyljl: My first cruise

Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

My first cruise

Sail Date: January 2010

I have many friends and family that have cruised a number of times. None had ever used Costa. I have definitely been disappointed on my first cruise. The food was mediocre, the entertainment ok, the cruise staff for the most part, not very friendly. Costa is definitely the cruiseline if you are European, but if you are English speaking, don't bother. They pay very little attention to the ENglish speaking guests. There were quite a few crew members that were down right rude. I will however, compliment our Cabin Steward--he was fabulous!!!!!! Always had a smile, a kind word to say and kept our room immaculate. If we just went into the cabin to pick something up, we would make sure that anything we had disturbed was put back together. Very great service!!

I unfortunately got seasick. When we went down to the pharmacy to get motion sickness patches, the staff couldn't speak English very well and I had a hard time understanding how to use the patch.

Very disappointed, More but I will cruise again--just never with Costa!!!!!!! Less

Published 01/20/10

Read more Costa Fortuna cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Fortuna Review >>

Compare Prices on Costa Fortuna Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

Cabin & balcony were both very nice. Very spacious. Only complaint was we were beside the front deck access and the doors slammed shut constantly and were very noisy.

Easy access to everything! Nice people in the shops.

Read 4708 Cozumel Reviews

Being tendered took away a lot of time. The line up to get back to the ship took 40 minutes before we could get a tender. Not enough of them to handle 4 ships at once. Our tour guide was too pushy and in too much of a hurry. Seemed like we didn't get long enough anywhere.

Was ok. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Read 4259 Nassau Reviews

Had a great time. The tour guides we fun and very informative. People were great everywhere we went. Would like to come back to see more of the island.

Compare Prices on Costa Fortuna Western Caribbean Cruises

spunkyljl
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X