Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruised-a-few

Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas

carnival-what happen?
My wife & I chose the Carnival Pride because it left out of Baltimore which is only 20 minutes up the road. To start the TSA at the port did a lot of shouting but then that's not Carnival (mostly the blue carders fault). Anyway @ checking the agent for some reason or other had a problem getting our information entered and vanished for 10 minutes or so. Well from there we hopped aboard. Leaving in Jan. the weather to start was cold but that's OK there's plenty to do on the ship. So we set out to check out happenings.

To start to windows in which we were going to be spending most of our time looking out were anything but clean, & that was just the start of it. With this being said let me run down the list. At the Mermaid Grill we found sets of flatware to be on the dirty side. Even worse @ the Normandie Restaurant we we were served both dirty flatware and dishes, not just at the table but old food stuck to the outside of the dishes brought to the table. On the wall at one of the tables we sat at for breakfast was splashed with food on it. Our room was on the clean side thank goodness, but the towels could have been replaced with ones that were not covered with discolored spots, (I don't want to think what caused them).

Serve in the restaurant left room for improvement. We actually received better serve in the grill. Not being a big alcohol drinker I can not count the number of times we were left have empty glass of water, IDK if that was Carnivals' way of saying order up some drinks.

Day at Sea activities even though they have improved over the years could stand to be freshened up. Carnival must know that not everyone is a blue carder (first time cruiser). Both activities & shows were mediocre at best. Thank goodness for the travelers with the propensity for entertaining each other. Our cruise director was on the dull side although the one assistant (Will, the only name I will mention) did more then make up for that. Now don't get me wrong on this next one it's not that I'm uptight but children do & did happen to be on board and present so I found it to be just a little disturbing and something I have never seen happen before on a ship, but during a deck activity the vulgar act of (acting out falacio using a banana) by one of the guest was not only encourage but rewarded. That's all I have to say about that.

There were many other things to go on about, but I will end it w/ this if I heard from one more person that it's not my job I just do this go talk to that person I believe my head would have exploded.

I don't know what's happened to Carnival over the past few years, but there has been a change and I don't see it as being for the good. From the service and servers who feel as though they don't have to go out of their way or that extra mile to make the experience more favorable. Traveling w/ Carnival in the past and raving to friends & family about the fun we had, may have to be reexamined. We will be cruising in the future but will be thinking twice about going with Carnival.

Publication Date: 01/19/10
Read the Bahamas ports review by cruised-a-few
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews