Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cruised-a-few: carnival-what happen?

cruised-a-few
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

carnival-what happen?

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My wife & I chose the Carnival Pride because it left out of Baltimore which is only 20 minutes up the road. To start the TSA at the port did a lot of shouting but then that's not Carnival (mostly the blue carders fault). Anyway @ checking the agent for some reason or other had a problem getting our information entered and vanished for 10 minutes or so. Well from there we hopped aboard. Leaving in Jan. the weather to start was cold but that's OK there's plenty to do on the ship. So we set out to check out happenings.

To start to windows in which we were going to be spending most of our time looking out were anything but clean, & that was just the start of it. With this being said let me run down the list. At the Mermaid Grill we found sets of flatware to be on the dirty side. Even worse @ the Normandie Restaurant we we were served both dirty flatware and dishes, not just at the table but old food stuck to the outside of the dishes brought to the table. On the wall at More one of the tables we sat at for breakfast was splashed with food on it. Our room was on the clean side thank goodness, but the towels could have been replaced with ones that were not covered with discolored spots, (I don't want to think what caused them).

Serve in the restaurant left room for improvement. We actually received better serve in the grill. Not being a big alcohol drinker I can not count the number of times we were left have empty glass of water, IDK if that was Carnivals' way of saying order up some drinks.

Day at Sea activities even though they have improved over the years could stand to be freshened up. Carnival must know that not everyone is a blue carder (first time cruiser). Both activities & shows were mediocre at best. Thank goodness for the travelers with the propensity for entertaining each other. Our cruise director was on the dull side although the one assistant (Will, the only name I will mention) did more then make up for that. Now don't get me wrong on this next one it's not that I'm uptight but children do & did happen to be on board and present so I found it to be just a little disturbing and something I have never seen happen before on a ship, but during a deck activity the vulgar act of (acting out falacio using a banana) by one of the guest was not only encourage but rewarded. That's all I have to say about that.

There were many other things to go on about, but I will end it w/ this if I heard from one more person that it's not my job I just do this go talk to that person I believe my head would have exploded.

I don't know what's happened to Carnival over the past few years, but there has been a change and I don't see it as being for the good. From the service and servers who feel as though they don't have to go out of their way or that extra mile to make the experience more favorable. Traveling w/ Carnival in the past and raving to friends & family about the fun we had, may have to be reexamined. We will be cruising in the future but will be thinking twice about going with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

this time do to the weather we didn't get past tourist town. haven't been to Freeport for over ten years so I am sure things have changed.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

We do like Nassau and have been in the past. From Atlantis to just walking around parliament square there is always something to do. heck one year we hopped on the local bus service and rode close to paradise island. I say close because the bus was not allowed on the island so after a hair raising walk through a back alley and a short hike over the bridge we had fun. One thing though if you do happen to get your head braided there will be some staring.

I will say we have not done the horse carriage ride yet so I can not put that on the list of everything is enjoyable & fun.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

WILDLIFE PONTOON LAGOON CRUISE: the weather was cold but let me tell you these folk made you forget about it for the two short hour you here aboard, from blankets to hot chocolate you felt @ home. At times it was like the birds we saw were called in for the show. manatees and alligators were not seen but having lived in Florida for a while you know neither one will been found on a cold day. we did stop to save a sea turtle who forgot to check the weather before leaving out.