Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by tocanada

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wow - Royal Caribbean have really excelled on this ship
I am a Diamond Plus member and my last 25 cruises have all been on Royal Caribbean. This cruise was by far the best one I have ever been on. I booked Oasis on the first day bookings opened. I have read every review. every news article and watched countless videos but nothing can prepare you for this ship. Oasis is simply amazing. I have met people who have said that they would never go on Oasis because it is too big and has too many people. Well, with respect I totally disagree. That is a little like saying you would never go to Hawaii or Vegas because they are too big or crowded. Oasis is like a resort that happens to float. There are just so many separate areas on this magnificent ship that you never feel crowded or overwhelmed. There is such a great choice of activities that you can make this vacation into what ever you desire.

Below are my random comments: 1. Check in, departure and getting on and off the ship in port was the easiest I have ever encountered. Royal Caribbean has improved the process tremendously. I arrived at 11.00am and my luggage was outside my cabin when they opened them up at 1.00pm

2. You must plan your cruise schedule in advance. Sign the waivers of liability and book all your shows in advance. Book the zipline as soon as you get onboard - go to Studio B to make your reservations. You may well have decided not to do the zipline but later on change your mind after seeing everyone else doing it. If you have not booked it early, you may well not be able to go.

3. There are changes to the cabins. Doors open outwards which is more convenient. I was in an inside L cabin and was very happy with it as I was rarely actually in the cabin. Shower cubicles are a lot bigger and now have a foot rail. Shower head is fixed and is very high. No clothes line so bring your own. Fridge actually keeps things cool. Seems that Beverage Dept looks after mini bar and not the cabin Steward. If you want to use the fridge for personal items, keep the RCL stuff visible on a shelf.

4. The shows are wonderful. Hairspray is as good as any Broadway production. The Aqua show and Ice shows were amazing. "Come fly with me" was the best RCL production I have ever seen. Comedians were great. I loved the quartet in the Jazz Club.

5. I had breakfast and lunch in the Solarium Bistro every day. The food there was way better than I have had on any other cruise. I generally ate in the Windjammer at night. No sushi there in the evening.
6. The Spa and Fitness Centre were the best of any ship I have been on. There is no free sauna or steam room. $30 per day or $150 per week to use the spa facilities. Perhaps Crown & Anchor could include a free pass in their booklets or allow Suite or Diamond Plus members access.

7. Concierge lounge on Deck 11 was beautiful and you could watch the Aqua shows from there.

8. Life jackets are no longer worn at the drill. In fact, the jackets are not even kept in the cabins,

9. There is no access to the bow so no more Titanic impressions. Best place to go is outside above the bridge. Go to Deck 14 (Port side) and you have a wonderful view from there. My inside cabin was close to it so I used this area as my balcony!

10. Television Channel 40 shows the bridge camera all the time.

11. Park West is not on Oasis. Art Actually has replaced them and I really liked the refreshing change. The art on Oasis is superb.

12. Captain was Bill Wright. I feel very privileged to have had him on board. He is a true professional and really is what Royal Caribbean is all about.

13 Ken Rush was the Cruise Director and was everywhere. He must have an identical twin brother.

14. I loved having a bagpiper on board. It was magical hearing him play the pipes when we departed port especially at night. I hope RCL continues that tradition on Allure.

15. Central Park in the evening is just wonderful. You do not feel at sea at all.

16. The interactive television is much improved. I especially liked the excursion information

17. Although bigger than any other cruise ship, Oasis is not actually much longer than the Freedom Class. It is much wider which creates a lot more space.

This one week cruise went by way too quickly. I spent far too much time on the Flowriders but it was so much fun. I cannot wait to come back onto Oasis.

andrew