“Wish our cruise was a dream and we were going on it again”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

lucy2mb Carnival Dream 5 Wish our cruise was a dream and we were going on it again
lucy2mb
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our 8th cruise-7th with Carnival. It was my 3rd time taking a group. Our group of 32 was made up of our family and friends. Some drove down the day before and stayed at the Radisson at the Port where they could park their car free and take the free shuttle to the port. One of our friends owns Air Haven Limo and 18 of us rode down in his shuttle bus the night before. It cost less riding down in his shuttle bus than driving our cars and paying to park at the port or getting a hotel room. We watched movies going down on the big screen TV and slept some before eating breakfast at 6:00 a.m. at Cracker Barrel about 75 miles from the port. It was a lot of fun riding down together and definitely a better vacation not having to drive.

Embarkation was the easiest yet and so was the debarkation. We rushed up to the Lido expecting long lines and not finding a table but we never had a problem any day getting a table. The only long line I saw was to get hamburgers. The only time we had to wait for an elevator was after the safety drill and the ship was leaving the port. Everyone was trying to get up to the top decks.

The Dream is a beautiful ship. I loved the ocean plaza and the Serenity area. Dancing In the Street was the best show we have ever seen on a ship. The break dancing was awesome! I enjoyed the shows except for the comedy show night. I skipped the Legend show since it was at 10:30 pm. I have seen it two times in the past when a friend was in it.

The workers on the ship were so nice! I had read that they were not friendly but they were very friendly all the time-I think some of the friendliest we have ever had.

We loved the food. We had early dining and the food was the best we have ever had on a cruise. I missed having salmon on the menu every night-this time mahi mahi was on the menu every night plus another kind if fish. I am a vegetarian except for fish. My family loved the steaks. I did not eat the warm chocolate melting cake this time but my family did and loved it. My favorite salad was the Greek farmer's salad. The grand buffet was not my favorite. I loved the pizza and different kinds of salads they offerred. I always love the yogurt cones and having yogurt with my desserts at lunch. I did gain about 6 pounds because od the desserts.

The Fun Hub was a hit with those who used it. It was a great way for them to get with their friends. Next time I plan to use it. I would love to go on the Dream again when it goes to the western caribbean.

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4B2209
We had an inside room at the front of the Main deck. I love feeling the ship rock but the room was so bumpy the one night we had rough seas. It was like a demolition ball hitting our room every few seconds all night. The people at the back and higher decks never felt it. This was only the 2nd time I have had an inside room. I prefer oceanview but chose inside this time to save money. Next time I get a 4B, it will be closer to the back. It was great going down to our room after the shows at night. We did not have far to walk.

Port
We went to Nassau on our first cruise. I shopped a little this time with our 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter. My husband, 20 year old daughter and nephew and friends took a water taxi to the Atlantis Hotel and had a good time. We had to be back on the ship by 1:30.

Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
At St. Maarten we took a taxi to Little Bay which is on the Caribbean side. It was very pretty and not crowded. Take the short walk up to the fort to see a beautiful view. There were just a few locals selling necklaces and bracelets. Be sure and tell your children they do not give money for something they did not ask for. One of our daughters was tricked into giving a man money for something she did not want. I hope I did not make any mistakes typing this. I do not have my glasses on. Plus, I am too tired to proof read this-I NEED ANOTHER CRUISE ALREADY!!!

Read 3,322 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
Alot of our group did the excursion Castaway girl snorkel through the ship. Several of them had done that on a previous cruise. They had a great time. They saw a lot of sea turtles and fish.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 01/16/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?