Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Nikeboy

Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: CC
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Pleasantly Surprised for the Holidays
We had heard that with major cutbacks the experience had significantly degraded aboard Celebrity's Millennium. We have come to really enjoy Celebrity for the food in the main dining room, the wait staff, entertainment, and service. We were not disappointed with this cruise in the least. We booked a Concierge Class Balcony Cabin and enjoyed the size and location of the room (quiet deck). The cabin steward, Lawerence, was very friendly and responsive. The only issue we had at all was that room service couldn't seem to get the order correct on our breakfast orders.

We chose the main seating at a table for 10 and had the best table mates we could ever ask for. This is honestly one of our favorite parts of the trip--getting to know other travelers. We were probably the last one's out of the dining room each evening as we would just sit at the table and enjoy each other's company every night.

The food was very good. I can only recall on meal that I wasn't absolutely thrilled with, and even that one was still pretty good. Michael Dsouza was our server and he was absolutely wonderful. Always attentive with a little extra fun and comedy as well. We all enjoyed him thoroughly (felt like I left a friend when we left). My favorite meal was the beef wellington and our favorite dessert was the after eight ice cream---yum!!

We visited the "Olympic" specialty restaurant and the food and service definitely were worth the supplement. The strawberry crepe dessert was one of the best desserts I've ever had and both of our meals were superb! The live music was noticeably absent and the piped in music seemed inappropriate for the atmosphere. Pan flute disco hits----hmmmm not really what we expected. (The lobster and filet were both superb!).

We didn't go to the theatre every evening, but the shows we attended, we really enjoyed (I heard not such good things about the Christmas show). I honestly thought that this was the best ensemble cast of any ship we had been on. They seemed to really work well together and were all solid performers.

There wasn't that much other than decorations, a Christmas show, a mild New year's eve party that got rained on that made this an extra special holiday experience, but we had done the same timeframe on Princess' Grand Princess last year and this one was MUCH MUCH better. Can't even compare the food and service. Celebrity is hands down better.

We visited 12 ports, but since I only have space below to talk about 6, I will review the 6 that stand out to me.

Publication Date: 01/16/10