Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by mrfmurphy: Thank you Crystal

Member Since 2010

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Crystal Serenity Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: January 2010

I was finally able to take my mother on her first Crystal cruise (Serenity 01-04/10-01/11/10).After 30+ cruises on other lines (mostly Holland America and Royal Caribbean), Crystal made it a short and somewhat affordable cruise available.

Everything about the Serenity was as advertised. It's accommodations were luxurious and the service was spectacular. My mother wanted to go on the Serenity in order to take advantage of the Nobu sushi bar. After reading reviews on Cruisecritic.com I was a bit worried we might not be able to get into the first come first serve sushi bar. What a joy it was to find that it was not as popular with the cruisers on this trip. We were able to eat at Nobu 3 times and we were so awed by it we are planning our next cruise on Crystal. What we would have spent at Nobu's NYC restaurant would near $300. Three nights on the cruise almost paid for the trip itself. I would be hard pressed to find any flaws with the cruise. The only problem would be the lack More of passenger activities made available to us.It seams that Crystal is targeting an audience of people who take shorter cruises.This would also be the first time I have never even made it to the "Lido" buffet as the dinners in the main dining room as well as the sushi bar made it unnecessary to bother with the buffet.

One other thing about the cruise, of which Crystal had no control was the cold weather.It was overcast in the Turks & Caicos and Grand Cayman islands. But it was spooky cold (30 degrees F) in Key West. I hope to see more reviews about this cruise. Less

Read more Crystal Serenity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crystal Serenity Review >>

Cabin review: Crystal Serenity 7067

Very large for the cheapest on the ship. plenty of drawers and adequate closet space. The bathroom was very large (full shower/tub) and two sinks. Never heard a sound from outside the room.

Same as it ever was.

A quaint island with a terrific beach. Also, a short walk (1/4 mile) down the beach as you disembarked the ship, there was a cool little cafe on the beach called Jack's. It was at the front of a diving store and it had cocktails and some great jerk chicken. The music was very 'beachy' and it felt like I was back in the sixties with Frankie and Annette. A group volleyball game entertained me until it was time to return to the ship.

I have been to KW so the cold weather (30 degrees F ) did not keep me from exploring the town. I found a great little place that I highly recommend. It is called Peppers. You can sample all kinds of sauces, from mild/sweet to super hot and find the one which you like.

Read 741 Key West Reviews