Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by wrb630: Royal Carribean has Lowered the Bar

wrb630
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Royal Carribean has Lowered the Bar

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was my second cruise on Royal Carribean and on the Serenade of the Seas. It is a beautiful ship however last year there was a nauseating odor in my bathroom and on the hallway on the 9th floor. the engineering came and said that it was an isolated situation and 4 days later the smell was finally gone. RCL gave me goodwil return vouchers if I took another cruise within 12 months. I booked a cruise for 1/2-1/9 2010 on the same ship and a different floor. again there was an odor in the halway but also I was on teh 10th floor and there was noise from the Windjammer restaurant from 10 pm till 3 am 4 of the nights from cleaning crews and carts that were being rolled. I had to report it 4 times before they acknowledged that it was a problem. I actually went in there myslef at 230am and heard all of the same noise that I could hear in my room. The staff were very nice and apologetic but it ruined my vacation. In addition, I find out that RCL lowers the cost to as low as 35-50 per night More and so teh boat is then filled with people that do not know how to conduct themselves on a ship including running and screaming. Yelling and allowing their young kids under age 10 to sit alone at dinner and disturb people next to them, while the parents all sat by themsleves. There were arguments over chairs from these people that tried to reserve chairs for 3 hours with no one sitting on them. I was told that in order to fill the ships, last minute deals are offered and as a result you may pay up to 5x what others have paid.And the behavior follows the amount paid. I spoke with 4 of the stateroom attendants and they all said that this has become a disturbing trend....

This is an RCL issue that must be dealt with, as the recession will not last forever but the lasting image of teenagers running and screaming and parents doing nothing to control their load and obnoxious behavior which did not exist on the same boat in 2009... As for teh ports Granada had a beautiful beach but most of the other locations had murkey waters from 10 days of rough undertow according to locals Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 10

Check that you are not under kitchen or near pipes for sewage....

Beaches just ok and overall impression is that this is a port to avoid..becah hustlers were annoying

Read 799 Antigua Reviews

(5.5)
Bets kept secret. Very beautiful clear beach and very friendly natives

Read 355 Grenada Reviews

Nothing Special yet all the boats go there...Beaches not worth visiting and hsutlers galore at beach

Beach was really convenient to downtown shopping and lots of great deals as no one was shopping

Beautiful beach but murky water this time. also be careful as taxi drivers change fares constantly

Read 501 Tortola Reviews