“Brett and Joe brothers cruising”
Cruise review of Costa Atlantica

camarodrivenrs Costa Atlantica 4 Brett and Joe brothers cruising
camarodrivenrs
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 5th cruise and first on Costa and my brother's first cruise. We went with the intention of having a partying, good time. We weren't disappointed.

First let's start with the ship. Costa Atlantica is in beautiful shape and she is very well maintained. The ship never seemed too crowded but never seemed empty either. The bars, dance rooms, and lounges were always fun and lively.

Cabin was always kept clean and service was prompt. We had a great waiter in the dinning room and the food was always fast and good. He really went above and beyond on free glass of champagne night, my brother and I plus two girls we met on the cruise hung around to almost everyone left and he gave us 3 bottles of champagne for free.

Costa has 2 happy hours everyday and we took advantage of the 5-6pm happy hour everyday and made many friends sitting at the different bars in the ship. Unlike my previous cruises on Princess, Costa's night club, Dante's, was always busy with dancing and partying. Don't take it the wrong way though this isn't a party ship and if you aren't going to party you won't notice it.

The many different cultures aboard make for interesting conversation. I really enjoyed this as I speak French as well. Even if you only speak English you will be fine as many of the Europeans can at least get by in English. For the price of this cruise I was very impressed and will not hesitate to cruise Costa again.

Overall Ratings
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

BB7162

Port
Walked around downtown Nassau for about an hour then walked over to Atlantis. I know there has been a lot of problems lately in Nassau but I never felt unsafe, granted we are two younger males. Spent most of the day looking around at Atlantis and the surrounding area. Lots of money here. Took the water taxi back to the ship which was three dollars one way.

Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Port
Went to both forts in Old San Juan. Really enjoyed this as there is a free trolley system that goes throughout Old San Juan. Also walked around Old San Juan which was quiet because it was Three Kings day which is a big holiday for them. Ate a nice sidewalk lunch and enjoyed San Juan.

Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port
Just had a beach day at Magens bay. Then walked downtown and ate at the Green Room. St Thomas is just St Thomas been here many times before. Very crowded with all the ships in port though.

Read 3,414 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 01/12/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Atlantica Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?