“NCL Pearl - A Gem!”
Cruise review of Norwegian Pearl

ronnilivingston Norwegian Pearl 5 NCL Pearl - A Gem!
ronnilivingston
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Ship, service and food were terrific. Loved the staff and had a great cabin with balcony.

Ate breakfast and lunch in the great outdoor cafe each day and the quality and quantity of the food was better than expected. Dinners were in the main dining room. Several times we ate at Cagney's (porterhouse steak) and Le Bistro. Both had fantastic food.

The comic David Naster was hysterical. Do not miss his late night show or the Liars Club. All the shows featuring the dancers made me and my wife yawn and I think she fell asleep. We left prior to the end of the shows. Not enough variation. They really need a magician or singer or something. Watching paint dry was more entertaining. Second City was okay. They have been better on other NCL ships.

The only real complaint is that we are latitude platinum members and David, the latitude liaison, was an idiot. He never listened to me or my wife and acted like he couldn't wait for us to leave his office! He has no memory capacity at all. Latitude members beware, know what you are entitled to prior to getting on the ship because you will get no help from him.

Disembarking was a dream. Went off the ship with our bags with no problem.

All in all, we had a great time.

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
Semana..Cayo Levantado is worth it. Very pretty beach lots of shade, and a short boat ride from the ship.

Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
St. Thomas...take a cab! Megan's Bay is a must. Buy your stuff right at the Havensight dock. Don't go into town. The prices are the same and with cab fare, you don't save anything! Know your prices prior to purchasing..the savings on liquor and perfume are not that great to drag the stuff back.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 01/11/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?