Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by twoshots: The best cruise - yes, that's what I said!

twoshots
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

The best cruise - yes, that's what I said!

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

If you want to take a cruise, weather it's your first or one of many I can honestly say Celebrity Solstice is a good choice for so many reasons. She is a beautiful ship. Her crew could not do enough for us. Everyone on board, staff, crew, dancers, waiters, wine steward, room steward - they all made us feel special and welcomed. We sailed from Civitavecchia after staying in Rome for 3 days, I recommend you do the same - you have plenty of time that way to "see Rome." Each port was a lesson in history, we used private tours for most of the ports that we arranged with other Cruise Critic passengers on our thread. The one tour we took through the cruise line, in Turkey, was very nice as well. We saw Athens at dawn on the Acropolis, we bought beautiful earrings for me in Mykonos, we ate at a seaside restaurant in Lindos/Rhodes, our best meal ever in our lifetime was on a cliff side above Positano on the Amalfi Coast. The city of Pompeii was so gripping, to know those people died where they More stood in all that ash - and yet, Frank Sinatra sang in one of the ampitheaters there 30 years ago! Santorini Greece took my breath away - take your time and bring your cameras - eat some good Greek food - buy candy and tea there. Sicily was just amazing, we climbed the steepest hills by bus and walked in the beautiful town of Taormina - buy a cannoli there - the delightful Italian pastry was first made here. My husband still talks about how delicious it was!

We loved the ship. The martini bar is fun, its base is all frosted so you sit on your stool with you glass on this frozen bar. The bartenders are magic with the tricks and special drinks they make - and so much fun to watch. The ship is elegant. The Solstice will remain in your heart for a very long time. We miss the ship and the wonderful people we met on board.

I/we recommend the Solstice to anyone that wants an exciting and beautiful cruise experience.

I hope you go! Soon! Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice 1577

Our cabin was comfortable. Good size. Quiet too. Nothing blocked our view from the balcony. Get rid of the refrigerator and give us more drawer space though. We were in an Aqua Class cabin.

Turkey is so unusual, the people friendly - they want you to see their country and enjoy their hospitality. Buy rugs, silk or wool - they are magnifienct. Eat and enjoy their food - wonderful!

Read 362 Kusadasi Reviews

(5.5)
Fantastic seaside village - delicous food, beautiful gold jewelry - go to the place next door to the cruise recommended shop!

Read 381 Mykonos Reviews

(5.5)
We did the Amalfi Coast tour - did not go into Naples - I understand it's much like any large city. Take the Amalfi coast to Positano and Sorrento - you won't be disappointed.

Read 651 Naples Reviews

(5.5)
Lovely - went to Lindos - ate at a seaside restaurant where we chose the fish to be cooked, it was a meal to remember! The sea is a beautiful blue - georgeous!

Read 185 Rhodes Reviews

Simply beautiful! Friendly people. Eager to please!

Eat a canoli, walk the cobblestone streets, eat outside at a cafe, watch the people strolling by. This is a beautiful town - a must see.