Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by twoshots

Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: Aqu
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

The best cruise - yes, that's what I said!
If you want to take a cruise, weather it's your first or one of many I can honestly say Celebrity Solstice is a good choice for so many reasons. She is a beautiful ship. Her crew could not do enough for us. Everyone on board, staff, crew, dancers, waiters, wine steward, room steward - they all made us feel special and welcomed. We sailed from Civitavecchia after staying in Rome for 3 days, I recommend you do the same - you have plenty of time that way to "see Rome." Each port was a lesson in history, we used private tours for most of the ports that we arranged with other Cruise Critic passengers on our thread. The one tour we took through the cruise line, in Turkey, was very nice as well. We saw Athens at dawn on the Acropolis, we bought beautiful earrings for me in Mykonos, we ate at a seaside restaurant in Lindos/Rhodes, our best meal ever in our lifetime was on a cliff side above Positano on the Amalfi Coast. The city of Pompeii was so gripping, to know those people died where they stood in all that ash - and yet, Frank Sinatra sang in one of the ampitheaters there 30 years ago! Santorini Greece took my breath away - take your time and bring your cameras - eat some good Greek food - buy candy and tea there. Sicily was just amazing, we climbed the steepest hills by bus and walked in the beautiful town of Taormina - buy a cannoli there - the delightful Italian pastry was first made here. My husband still talks about how delicious it was!

We loved the ship. The martini bar is fun, its base is all frosted so you sit on your stool with you glass on this frozen bar. The bartenders are magic with the tricks and special drinks they make - and so much fun to watch. The ship is elegant. The Solstice will remain in your heart for a very long time. We miss the ship and the wonderful people we met on board.

I/we recommend the Solstice to anyone that wants an exciting and beautiful cruise experience.

I hope you go! Soon!