Grand Princess Cruise Review by diana61

Member Name: diana61
Cruise Date: December 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: ins
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Below Princess Standards
I love Holiday cruises, we sailed on the Ruby last year and It was great. I was expecting the same service that Princess raves about C.R.U.I.S.E., but that did not occur on this ship. This is my fourth Princess ship and the worst. I am very disappointed.

We had an Inside Cabin which was adequate for two. We usually get a Balcony, but because this was a 14 day cruise, the balcony was too expensive. The closet was small, not adequate storage. We were in the front of the ship, you can here a lot of noise from the ship.

The food was horrible, the entertainment was inadequate, staff was unfriendly. As much as I love to cruise, if this had been my first cruise, I would never get on another ship again. Prior to booking, I had read reviews that were negative. But I still decided to go on the Grand because my experiences on the other three ships were wonderful. The reviews were correct and my Holiday sailing was not festive. I had an issue on this ship and they did not even try to resolve it, they did not care. I was upset about their level of customer service.

La Roma was a waste of time and money. The day we took the tour it rained and of course they took us out in the rain. We left late and we returned early. On top of it, I got sick. I made a complaint and asked for a refund and they did not give me one. I was very upset because they didn't care. They never tried to resolve my issue. They could have given me a ship board credit. I've had issues on Princess before and they went out of their way to resolve it.

Trinidad and Tobago, we took a scenic tour around the Island, not very exciting. We went to a beach, but were only there for a short time. Unable to swim. Was not a beach tour.

Publication Date: 01/10/10