Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by caribbeankid92

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by caribbeankid92
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: caribbeankid92
Cruise Date: December 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 5.0

Holiday Cruise Aboard The Equinox!
I am 17 years old and this is my 12th cruise. I have been on 3 NCL, 1 HAL, 1 Carnival, 1 Princess, and my 6th Celebrity cruise. This is the newest and biggest ship in my 12 cruises. We are a family of 9 all from Illinois and our ages vary from 12-80.

Embarkation: Embarkation is very well done. We unexpectedly needed a wheelchair and my grandfather received one with a guide from the port authority very quickly. Our guide was very nice and did an excellent job, its a shame they cannot accept tips.

Public rooms: The public rooms are truly gorgeous. I cannot tell you how many times I just looked around and wondered the amount of time it must have taken to design all these rooms so elegantly. Also we understood from cruise staff that this was one of the fullest ships they have had, the public rooms did not seem overly full at all.

The restrooms are also really, really nice. I must say.

Cabin: We had an inside but my aunt and uncle had a balcony. Both cabins are very nice and the bathrooms are even rather large for a cruise ship. I had no problems with the water temperature or the pressure. The tvs also have a way to move so you can watch them while sitting on the sofa or while in your bed. A very cool feature! You can also see your photos on the tv which is sweet!

Fitness: The fitness center is very nice, the only problem was that this was a very fit crowd so it was very difficult to get machine time.

Enrichment: My uncle went to the enrichment series on weather and said it was very interesting.

Dining: The oceanview cafe is the best buffet I have seen on a cruise ship. They have so many choices for lunch and its very easy to get around because it is not just a line each group has its own station. For example they have a line for sandwiches, a line for Mexican, and a line for pizza to name a few. The soft serve ice cream is really good and I thought the pizza was pretty good too.

We ate in the main dining room every night and thought the food was pretty good not great but pretty good. A main problem was that our waiter and asst. waiter had 21 people to wait on while they usually only have 13-16. This made the dinners very slow and finished plates were not cleared as quickly as usual but this is the maitre d's fault.

Entertainment: I only attended 2 of the Broadway styles shows both of which were good. I personally didn't care for the comedian, I cannot recall his name.

Service: As with any Celebrity cruise the service was very good. I would have given it a 5 other than the MDR problems. Still very good service, don't get me wrong.

Shore Excursions: We didn't book any excursions with the ship but did a tour with Oscar Brown in Costa Rica, and tours in Columbia and Belize.

Overall: An awesome cruise, if you go in with a good attitude to any cruise you will have a great time. I mean its a cruise what is not to like?!? Its a very beautiful ship and has a great crew who work very hard!

I hope to sail on her again sometime!

Publication Date: 01/10/10