Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by MReport: Seabourn Odyssey - a 4 Star experience at best
Overall Member Rating
Seabourn Odyssey - a 4 Star experience at best
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Its the outdoor spaces that make Seabourn Odyssey a beautifully designed and modern 'mega yacht'. Also, "Seabourn Square" is a beautifully designed meetings space of sorts - an innovation in terms of housing a library, internet cafe, all around service desks and an tasty espresso bar in one space. Food (in all of its restaurants) is good and solid as well. If, on the other hand, you are expecting a "world class 5* experience", then this "yacht" is not for you.
* as pointed out by previous reviewers, Seabourn Odyssey's "The Restaurant" is a disappointing experience in terms of lighting, noise levels and service. Whilst "The Restaurant" photographs nicely and, conceptionally (!) speaking, lives up to a "MIAMI SOBE" aesthetic, it is the fluorescent lighting, vibrating "crystal" chandelliers, patchy service and high noise levels, which make this the most undesirable restaurant at sea. Service is random and chaotic. Random waiters will frequently refill your water glasses even More though you might be drinking soda or sparkling water. As a result of complete lack of restaurant management (no one seems to be taking responsibility for particular tables), the restaurant also fails to serve courses simultaneously (ie, if you are seated a larger table with a group of family or family - don't expect courses to be served or tabled simultaneously). All in all, having sailed with Silversea, Seadream, Europa and Crystal, this, comparatively speaking, must be the most disppointing dining experience at sea.
* Lighting is also a problem in all of the suites: it is not possible to adjust or dim the lighting - not even in its top suites (penthouse-, owner's, signature-, wintergarden suites) -, resulting in a public bathroom atmosphere when returning to your quarters after dinner.
* Bedding is a problem. Expect poly-filled duvets and no pillow choices.
* most flowers aboard are fake. whilst they photograph nicely, they disappoint over time.
* Seabourn Odyssey has low ceilings throughout. I suppose Seabourn's owners (Carnival Cruise Lines) wanted to cram in as many passengers as possible. By way of comparison, MS EUROPA, which is of a similar size as Seabourn Odyssey (length, beam, and tonnage), accommodates about 400, whereas Seabourn Odyssey carries 450.
* Entertainment is charming at best. Expect easy going & light entertainment, but no world class acts. Seabourn, like Carnival, offers a small scale version of the usual mass product fare. Nothing refined here. It was particularly disappointing to attend a classical music "recital" where the violinist used an amplifier. Less
Read more Seabourn Odyssey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seabourn Odyssey Review >>
Allure is Amazing!
Fun for Kids
Good and Not So Good
Very Disappointed;Allure of th...
Fabulous food & service on the...
Relaxed and Comfortable
Seabourn Odessey vs. Crystal
Odyssey crossing and Med Trip