Carnival Valor Cruise Review by KandDC: Sixth Carnival cruise and counting

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sixth Carnival cruise and counting

Sail Date: November 2009

This was our third time on the Carnival Valor and still loved it. I don't know how anyone can complain when you are cruising, it is absolutely the best way to travel. My husband and I tried our first cruise in 2005 and won't turn back now. I wish that all ships had a golf simulator on board, that kept my husband occupied so I could soak up the sun all day long..LOL.

The staff on the carnival Valor was amazing including the cruise director Sam from Toronto, ON. We had one of the best Waiter's on board, he had our drinks at the dinner table as soon as we sat down, we didn't even need to tell him what we wanted.

Our room steward, Wade was great as well, anything we wanted he would get for us if he could. We tried going to a couple different all inclusives just for something different and it wasn't as relaxing for us. There is something to be said for being in the middle of the ocean, not being able to see land. I think that takes your mind off of everything. Also, not More having communication readily available makes it that much better, no phones ringing all the time.

We stopped in Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I would have to say my favorite stop on this cruise would have been Cozumel. Met some wonderful people on board. We are traveling again in February with a couple we met on this cruise as well as hoping to travel with some other couples in December 2010. Looking forward to the next cruise, February 2010.... Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Upper

Belize is a nice place, I wouldn't suggest touring on your own, book and excursion. We did the cave tubing the first time we were in Belize and the second time we did the Belize zoo and City tour. Loved the Cave tubing, only thing it gets shallow at times and can hurt the backside, LOL. The Belize zoo and city tour was okay, don't really think it was worth the money, got eaten alive by fire ants, they hurt.

We did the mini rhinos in Costa Maya, they were fantastic, good way to see the city. Only thing it would have been nice to stop at the little shops instead we went back to the ship. Would definately recommend.

Love Cozumel. My husband went golfing and lost about 15 balls, hard course, but the main thing is that he had a great time. I went and swam with the Dolphins, greatest time ever.. I went the last time we were in Cozumel, but for some reason this time was much better. Met a great friend from Germany and hung out with her for the day. Very safe port, still had lots of time for shopping.

Read 3090 Cozumel Reviews

Have been to Grand Cayman 3 times. The first time we swam with the stingrays, went to Hell and the Turtle Farm, kind of cool, would recommend this. The second time we looked around the downtown. Went into the shops and took our time walking around, kind of nice to do. This last time in Grand Cayman we decided to go on the fully submersed submarine. That was amazing a little pricey but a once in a lifetime opportunity.