“You will only enjoy it if it's your first cruise....”
Cruise review of Carnival Fantasy

Shader Carnival Fantasy 3 You will only enjoy it if it's your first cruise....
Shader
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I booked this trip in October, and I am so disappointed I did. At the time it was the only cruise line available for a New Years cruise. My boyfriend had never been on a cruise, so I wasn't worried about his disappointment, just mine. I had heard that Carnival was the 'bottom of the barrel' cruise lines, but I didn't want to assume.

The room and bed was actually okay. We got a window view, which was nice. Room service options, however, were horrid. They gave 5 sandwiches and 2 deserts that were available. We split each sandwich over the 5 day cruise and they were all horrible and cold once they got to the rooms. How do you mess up a grilled cheese? By serving it cold. There were WAY too many kids on the cruise who stayed in the hot tubs the entire time! Yes, there is a 21 and over hot tub, but it was at the back of the boat which you have to enter through the museum, so we didn't even notice it till half way through the cruise.

Food on the lido deck (which is what is available all day) was horrible as well. They had chicken fingers, burgers, and hot dogs. The hot dog buns were cold and stale, the lines would always back up b/c the cooks weren't giving out hamburgers quickly enough, and the chicken strips were always gone and down to thumb size crumbs. The only good thing that I can say is the food at dinner was okay and the waiters were nice. As a couple, we sometimes wanted to sit alone, 2 out of 4 of the times we went to dinner, this wasn't an option. And I know this is a bit nit picky, but on New Years Eve night, there weren't any fireworks :(

I would say, if at all possible, avoid Carnival cruise lines. They are cheaper for a REASON.

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

R
Great room, no complaints.

Port
Port was very nice. Many stores at the port. We decided to rent a vehicle and travel around the island. Went snorkeling.. great time. Definitely make plans before getting to the port. Everything will be sold out when you get there, seeing it is a big port with many cruise ships.

Read 4,594 Cozumel Reviews
Port
When we boarded ship, we stood out in the freezing cold for 30-40 mins.

When we came back from the cruise, it took the same amount of time to find a taxi cab back to the airport. And yes, we waited outside in the freezing cold... again.

Read 10 Mobile Reviews
The only good thing about this port is that there is a bar right off of it. It is very small, so again, make sure you have reserved transportation to where ever you are going. Cab drives to Tulum and back on a taxi was $160 USD.

Published 01/08/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fantasy Review
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?