Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Goofy's mom

Cabin Category: 7a
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Rates 5+

Great Cruise for all of us
We cruised in December on the Carnival Pride leaving the port of Baltimore. This being a local port for us, it made it very convenient. We got to the port at around 2pm and even though there were lines, everything moved quickly and efficiently.

My husband and I have cruised prior to this on Royal Caribbean and my parents have been on probably 10 cruises before this. My 5 kids had never cruised before. With our ages so spread out, I wondered if everyone would have a good time but there was fun to be had for everyone.

Our cabins were small but well laid out and the stewards were the best we could ask for. They were so friendly and kept everything perfect. WE had obstructed view balcony's which were nice. You couldn't see below but could look out with no problems. We had them remove the barriers between all four rooms so that it was like one long balcony.

The food and service on this ship was beyond excellent. Our servers in the Normandie Dining room were always very attentive, even taking note of little things each person liked. The food was so delicious I don't know why anyone would bother paying the extra money for David's Restaurant. I have some older guys who can really eat alot too, and they had more than one entree on several occasions. They loved it. The Mermaid buffet was good too. There were great breakfasts and lunches and a good variety every day. Then 24/7 you could get pizza and salads and ice cream. The pizza was really good too. The layout could be a little confusing but it really wasn't too bad.

The decorations were a little gaudy - not my favorite style of architecture but it was still beautiful in it's own way. The naked paintings and statues just became part of the backround or gave cause for some laughter here and there.

Everything was always kept very clean and in order just about everywhere on the ship. There just seemed to be plenty of people to take care of all the needs for everything.

The entertainment was great. The comedians and the ventriloquist were very funny, and the singers and dancers good. There was one show, "Vroom" which I didn't like as well as the others but it was still nice too. The entertainment directors did a great job and overall, I have no complaints about this cruise at all. Within our party, the feelings are pretty much the same. The only complaints I heard at all were that there weren't too many young (twenty something crowd)people on this cruise but that was no fault of the ship. I think it was just the time of year. Alot of colleges weren't on break yet. Also, my parents would like to have seen some clubs or just places to have a drink and dance before dinner (jazz, big band, etc.).

This cruise was every bit as good as the other one we went on. I would go on this ship again no questions asked. It was great!!

Publication Date: 01/08/10