Carnival Victory Cruise Review by joeybswoman: Lost at Sea

Lost at Sea

Sail Date: December 2009
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was my husbands 1st cruise.We were also married during this time. Upon entering the ship we went directly to guest services to ask about debarking to get married. We were told just line up with the others.(Should not be a problem they said). Information---totally incorrect. Our driver had terminal security looking for us because we were late! Come to find out we should have had an escort.

I ordered champagne and roses for the morning of our wedding. It never came. Was told by the kitchen SUPERVISOR bars not open and flowers-- I DONT KNOW she said.Needless to say The Carnival Victory ship ruined all of our wedding plans onboard.

$ 54 for a drink card. I wouldnt mind if we received more than 6oz`s of flat soda every time! Can you say bunk on the 24hr food. All food was shut down by 11. They never had more than one ice cream station open and it only had one flavor. The only round the clock food was a pizza station with 3 or 4 types of pizza where you were only More allowed 1 or 2 pieces of stale pizza at a time. Where was the lobster??? Now we know what prison food tastes like. The staff for the MOST part was useless and obvisiously hated their job that week.

All we can say is thank goodness for the ports of call. We left ship every chance we could. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Upper 6438

We were on deck 6 back of the ship with an extended balcony. Everything is at the front of the ship. We didnt mind the trek because we enjoyed the quiet on our end. The cabin was fine for us. A family however might not enjoy the space.

The island was nice but not what we were expecting.

Read 807 Antigua Reviews

We got married at Bottom Bay Beach. The most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Of course this was all after we were found and delivered. Our drivers name was Ian from Johnson Tours. We chit chatted the whole way there. He kept us cool and very comfortable. After our service we went out to lunch with Ian to one of his favorite restaurants. The view,food and people were ALL amazing. We actually exchanged numbers and adresses. Barbados is the place to be!

Read 707 Barbados Reviews

We did not do any excursions. We did however get off to shop and look around. This was a very unpleasant experience for my husband. He felt like he may get mugged or worse. I didnt know that vending and begging for money were one in the same.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

We did a small tour and a few hours on the beach. Our driver reminded me of a N.Y cab driver. He whipped us in and out of traffic. Never spoke to us either. The island was celebrating Boxing day. The downtown areas were congested with public drunkeness. Not a place for children. My husband and I met a large group from England. We spent time together on beach comparing ships. Boy, did we come up on the short side!

Another beach and shopping day. Very pretty but not enough time to see if we really liked the island.

We did a beach excursion. Was a scenic ride with many opportunities for pics. Beach was beaitiful! We definately would have loved more time there. Excursion too short.

Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews