Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by cod: The Triumph was!

cod
Member Since 2004
1,857 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

The Triumph was!

Sail Date: December 2009
Embarkation: New Orleans

Quicky as this is not part of my review...I first booked this cruise last June. Thinking I needed surgery and not being able to find out for sure before I entered the %100 percent penalty phase (no insurance..that'll teach me!) I cancelled and THEN learned I didn't and - determined to go - I rebooked a few days before sailing. I had originally booked with an online agency and I was VERY happy with how they helped me thru the cancellation process but when I went to rebook I found the cabin/category available thru Carnival so I booked with them. Now for the cruise!!

We arrived about 10:30 and were able to enter the parking facility right away even thought there were still previous cruisers still leaving (I think it was Mobile where we had to wait till everyone had left before we could enter?!) It cost $80 which we paid in cash and there was an attendent there to feed our money into the machine and tell us where to head. We dropped off one suitcase and then drove up a couple of More levels and parked near the elevators. All went very smooth.

Once inside it took about 30 minutes in line to get through the security check and then we were directed (after a photo) to sit and wait till we could board. What we didn't know - and weren't told! - was that someone was standing off to the side giving out #'s to board by. So we ended up with a higher # than we'd have had if we 'KNEW' right off. We probably waited an hour to board but that was fine. All in all, a good process.

After lunch on the Lido deck we went to our cabin. We were very surprised by the size and pleased with the location even tho it was all the way in the front of deck 10.

Before this becomes a true novel, I want to say that we were well pleased with this trip. It's a beautiful ship and the food was good in all venues. The CD was a 'hoot' and we enjoyed listening to him 'whenever'. We enjoyed all the shows and especially the magic show. HOWEVER, we were 'straight on' in the theatre and our DR tablemates were on the side and saw all their 'secrets' which, to me, would take away all the fun and the 'wow' aspect.

We did the self debarkation which went smooth too. I would definitely sail on this ship in the future. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Interior Panorama 1001

We've been here so often that we just stretch our legs a little and then back to the ship!

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

I like Progreso! We took the free shuttle to town and then walked to the beach. We had a couple (each) of the two-for-$5 margaritas and just enjoyed watching the goings-on.

Read 284 Progreso Reviews